SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
originalpinkmountain

Retail therapy needed--linens for Grandma's tea set . . .

l pinkmountain
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I got a new computer and while I saved all the files, I forgot to save the bookmarks. I had bookmarked a couple of places to get tablecloths, napkins and placemats that were recommended here, but I'm sure there are more.

My Mother died three days before Valentine's Day under very sad circumstances I won't go into here, not wanting to be Debbie Downer. I was never much of a celebrant of Valentine's Day and even less so now. But having afternoon tea was a big tradition of my mother and her mother, and I have Grandma's tea set but never use it. I'd like to finish a project I started which was to find a tablecloth and runner and placemats/napkins to compliment the tea set. I've posted a photo below. It is white with silver trim and lavender pink roses on it. The tray and vase were painted by my Mom's cousin and given to us as a wedding gift.

I'm thinking a grey linen-ish tablecloth, perhaps with trim (something washable that doesn't need ironing but not too much of the shiny nylon texture) with a runner and placemat set that brings out the pink. Any of you online shopping style gurus have some ideas or sources? The table is obling and oval, I need at least 54 inches wide but I'd like wider, and around 96 inches long, give or take a few inches (96 would be great but luxurious, a few inches shorter would also work).

Comments (53)