SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dana_ammann

need help with narrow open concept dining space

Dana
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi! I’ve racked my brain for weeks on how to arrange furniture in my new open concept living/dining/kitchen. The space is quite modern with 2 floor height walls and lots of sharp lines and windows. Basically, I want a dining table that can fit 6 people, and also want the space to be comfortable, cozy, multifunctional (good for occasional wfh, hobbies), but minimalist/Scandi style.

The space is split with a chaise sectional. I feel like a long dining table is right, but I also wonder if there are too many long sharp lines in the space already. I thought of a dining nook under the window, but that would leave dead space in front. I am also unsure whether to continue with white/birch/pine colors, or add contrast with navy blue or another color? I am furnishing from scratch so I have lots of options.

The long wall on left is 110” and the adjacent short wall of windows is 66”. The wall in the small cutout in the middle of the room is 37” deep, so theres a substantial nook. For context I have an old IKEA Ingo table there now, but it feels way too short for the space.

(also, apologies for the mess)

I hope the photos are clear! thanks so much for anyones help in advance :)

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations