SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_85142375462

Tiny House Central Texas Ventilation Question

A K
2 years ago

I am in the process of building a 14x20 (280sqft.) tiny house. It has closed cell foam insulation under the floof, in the walls and in the ceiling. It's a fairly airtight build. I am at the design stage for the ventilation system. I am located in Central Texas, climate zone 2 with long, very hot/humid summers and short, mild winters (occianaly there is a snowpocalypse). I will be using an LG 7,000 BTU mini-split that will be running continuously. I will also be using a stand alone Frigidaire dehumidifier. The kitchen is on one side of the house and the bathroom on the opposite. The mini-split and dehumidifier will be located on the kitchen side. The house is an open design with only the bathroom walled off and the sleeping loft above the bathroom. SInce I'm only dealing with 280sqft. I really want an as-small-as-possible ductless system. I have been considering the Lunos e2 ductless HRV system. However, the Lunos e2 is an HRV and in the hot/humid climate I am in, I would much rather use an ERV. Is there a ductless (hopefully wall mounted) ERV system that is available to buy in the USA easily? I can find only 2 systems that have what I want (the Fresh-R In-the-Wall and the Holtop PM2.5) but both these are not readily available in the USA. Are there any other companies available in the USA that have ductless ERV systems? Does anyone have any recommendations? Please keep in mind, I’m looking for a true ERV, not HRV system. I see plenty of ductless HRV systems like the Lunos e2. As for the location of the ERV, I would like to mount it close to the mini-split, is this correct? One more question, I also plan to install one exhaust fan in the kitchen and one in the bathroom. With an ERV in use, should I use continuously running exhaust fans in the kitchen and bathroom or just switch them on when cooking or using the bathroom? Thanks for any and all help! :)

Comment (1)