SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurahal11

Where to hang the curtain rods?

2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

The windows displayed are 8 feet tall and have white up and down blinds (not the brown shades in the photo).

i would like to hang curtains on the outside of each window that do not open or close, I think these are called side curtains. they would be just for decoration. Each side curtain would have a complete assembly for a curtain rod, a left and right bracket and a rod. There is no wall space between the tops of the window moldings and the bottom of the crown molding.

There is a nice view so really want to keep windows open and shades only closed when needed for privacy.

Where should I hang the curtain rod? the close up shows that the window molding is super close to molding for the ceiling. i also took one from the floor to display the width of ceiling molding that makes up all the squares on the ceiling.

i thought about putting the curtain brackets on the crown molding or hanging the curtain from the ceiling molding, but really just want to hang the curtains correctky and do not have any space between the top of the window molding and crown molding.

Thank you for your help

Comments (5)