SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lls4f

Help with finding the right rug for my twins' bedroom?

Laura M
2 years ago

I have 2.5 year old boy/girl twins. We are going to switch them from cribs to twin sized beds soon, and I'm planning to do a "room makeover" for them at the same time. I put that in quotes because we moved into our house when the twins turned 1 but we never really got around to decorating/designing their room in any meaningful way.

Girl twin is really into Mickey (she wears something Mickey everyday, sings the M-I-C-K-E-Y song all day long, has several "must have with me at all times" Mickey stuffed animals, etc). Boy twin is just as into Sesame Street/Elmo.

We had the twins pick out their bedding for their big beds, and obviously they chose Mickey and Sesame Street. Bedding selections:

The walls are Sherwin Williams Eider White and I'm not planning on painting them (most of the house is this shade).

Carpet is a medium grey, medium pile.

I'm looking for a rug that can maybe tie together the two "halves" of the room (the Mickey and the Sesame St). In reality, I think the beds are going to be put on adjacent walls (their cribs are laid out this way and their baby monitor cameras are already in the wall in this arrangement).

Only other furniture is a white Hemnes dresser and a white cube style bookshelf.

I'm kind of lost on a rug though. Suggestions much appreciated!

Comments (2)