SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nostalgicfarm

Need help finishing my bedroom

nostalgicfarm
12 years ago

I finally painted our bedroom and got new furniture. I found a quilt that I really like, but am still waiting to find the right color tan sheets. The bed is a king size, a queen would've been better, but couldn't do that with 3 little kids who will be sharing our bed at times in the next years. The room has a few problems that are making it hard, so I am reaching out for some other viewpoints as I am stuck. I need help with the following:

1) Curtains. There is a big picture window currently covered by a tan room darkening curtain. It is nice, but I don't have another of the same color(or know where it came from) for behind the bed. The window behind the bed is smaller, but butts up to the top trim. It is centered on the wall, but the bed can't be, because there won't be enough room to open the chest drawers comfortable. I plan to put a better rod there, and extend it to the left so that it looks centered with the bed. But what should I do about curtains?

2) Since that silly window is behind the bed, there isn't any really open space on that wall for pictures. I found a picture at Hobby Lobby today...the store only had 1, but there is a second complimentary picture with the same colors,but different sized butterflies. (I would've just gone to another HL today, but didn't think the pics would work so well in the room) I really want to put one on the wall above each nightstand, but really can't figure out my placement. Online it says to have your lamp right next to the bed, but it just seems really close to the bed? I can't seem to find pictures of what I am trying to do!

3) Since there was a 1 1/2 foot or so space to the right of the bed, I kept picturing a stand for kids pics/decorations, etc. I found the one pictured at Hobby Lobby today. The 2 bottom shelves are the same size, with the top one being smaller. They had another that was taller, with the bottom 3 shelves being the same size and the top one smaller. I was scared the bigger one would be too tall/big, but am now wishing I would've brought both home to decide. Do you think one a foot or so taller would fit the space better? The chest on the right wall is really tall.

4) Any other comments welcome. I know there aren't a lot of colors in the room, but all of the rooms in our house have color, and 3 kids bedrooms have a lot going on. I stay at home with my 3 kids, and just want a calm room to go to at the end of the day. Thanks for the help!

Comments (23)