SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cdee18

Need help with finishing touches for guest bedroom

cdee18
6 years ago

Hi All,

I have been updating our guest bedroom and would like suggestions for finishing touches. The bedspread, drapes, carpet and paint are new and the furniture was a gift, so that all needs to stay. How should I finish this room? I think I went astray with the blue accents that all seem to clash and the walls look bare.

I have included a floor plan for this 11 x 11 room. I put the dresser beside the bed to eliminate the need for a nightstand, but I'm starting to rethink the arrangement. I put the little vanity stool in there because I couldn't see where a chair would fit and I wanted a place to sit. I could get rid of the stool, or paint and reupholster it with something fun. I could also get rid of the blue frames or paint them and I think I need a different colored throw for the bed. I would like to keep the framed fabric over the bed-I worked really hard on the applique. I'm sure there's a ton of other things I haven't thought of and I would appreciate input from this amazing community.

We have a sixties ranch house and my decorating style is mostly traditional. Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments (18)