SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sotodog

HELP Paint color scheme - Burnt Orange and blue accents

sotodog
2 years ago

I am moving into fiance's house and we are trying to agree on paint colors. We like the same colors but he likes much more bright/bold colors on the walls. I also prefer more muted colors and adding via pillows, carpet, curtains, art, etc. We have agreed to accent walls. I have had many experiences where paint chip has not translated to what I expected on wall. Lesson there is to get sample. Got it. But I don't want to buy so many samples and not sure what colors to start with. Also how do I gauge samples with walls such strong colors already?

Here are pictures of the rooms and his current paint selections which he romantically refers to as the "sea" and the "sand." To me the teal is pretty but too beachy and pastel for my taste. The peach/tan color (Behr City Sunrise) is too much for all over. He also thinks the kitchen is gray and I think it is blue. I put Behr's Almond Biscuit in my house and I find it a bit too bright he thinks it is too white. I have a blue sofa and orange throw pillows.

We would like burnt orange and blue combo as the general color scheme. The TV room has windows on west, south and east and only lamps (for now?). We are replacing the sofa with the putty color sofa. The kitchen area is only west facing and we just installed recessed lights

He is thinking of an orange like Behr's Rumba Orange on the fireplace/TV wall and Valspar's Thundering Clouds on the wall with the mirrors (will be removed). The rest will be some kind of neutral/off white. I am not a huge fan of gray or cool colors.

So just looking for some possible colors names which may be a good option to help us navigate how much color goes on the wall. I am interested in finding a compromise scheme we both will like. We both wish to make sure the other is happy so only looking for positive suggestions to navigate our differences in style. I know we can find something that we both will like.

Comments (8)