SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Best Red Daylilies of 2021

shive
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Post photos of your best red daylilies from this season on this thread. Orange or any shade of it, including melon, peach or apricot will be on Monday.

Here are some of my newer reds that showed off this season:

Diver Down was one of my top favorites. It was better budded in its second year and is always very pod fertile.

Garry's Favorite was one of my favorites. Its pollen went on a lot of my red seedlings.

Hearts That Care - This was its first time to bloom. Scapes were short, and there were only a few buds. I'm hoping it will do better next year. I really like the look of the flowers.

Irresistible You put on a good show and had high bud counts. It was very pod fertile.

Woman In Red has a velvety quality about it.

Kara Louise was excellent last year, and set a lot of pods. The blooms were consistently round and clean.

Twentieth Century Fox was my best budded red. Sometimes the blooms were very splotchy though.

Dark Gethsemane is registered as a red purple, but it's more of a burgundy red here. The blooms opened well and were seldom splotchy last year. It was pod fertile for me.

Sensational Heart was new this Spring, but it impressed me with good multiplying and rebloom.

Such A Blaze was also new this Spring. When I received it, the scapes were cut off, but it did rebloom in July. It also had a good increase.

More later ...

Debra

Comments (31)