SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mantis__oh

Narcissus in 2024

mantis__oh
last month
last modified: last month

So far, it has been a very good year for daffodils. Next week's cold may change that.
Foreground is cyclamineus division Rapture.

On ledge is Tweety Bird, long lasting, also cyclamineus (with swept-back perianth). Tete a Tete below.

Monal

Apricot Whirl

Long-lasting and sturdy Ara. Crisp color.

Classic Garden. Early, but Monal is larger

The Alliance is long lasting; taller than usual this year.

Wisley

Anemones have spread all over.

Hellebore Pink Frost a few weeks ago.

Comments (12)

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    last month

I love the daffodils. I especially like Wisley and Ara. I need to add some hellebores to our garden. We have one, but the flowers face downward more than yours does.

Nancy

• Brad KY 6b
    last month
    last modified: last month

You do have lots of nice daffodils. Ara is my favorite. Nice to see hellebores that don't look straight down, and good color!

Brad

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    last month

Mantis, thanks for sharing the daffodils with us. I have some blooming now.

Sherry

• lilykate7a
    last month

Love all these daffodils. Mine are almost gone. And I love the masses of blooms. I know you have quite the collection!!

• mantis__oh
    Original Author
    last month

Yes, Pink Frost is more upfacing that most hellebores. Perhaps there are newer hybrids that are more upfacing. Hellebores do take quite a bit of space, but nice to see in February already.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    last month

I have very little space for daffodils to consume, but I liked Tet e tete so much that I gave it space. The foliage doesn't require as much room to ripen as the larger bulbs. I also have one split cup Daffodil called Cassata. It is indestructible. Goes from yellow cup to all white as it ages. It just passed prime a week ago:

Cassata:

I like all your dafs, but especially the ones with the long trumpet like Shorter Alliance and Wisely..............Maryl

• mantis__oh
    Original Author
    last month

Yes, Tete a Tete does not take much space. It is also very reliable and less of a problem with ripening foliage.

• shive
    last month

You have a nice collection of daffodils. Mine did not last as well as usual with the rains and cold snaps.

Debra

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    last month

Kate: That's a Jonquil you have there. A member of the narcissus family. All Jonquils are Daffodils but not all Daffodils are Jonquils if you get my drift. Jonquils are among the smaller members of the family. I grew one Jonquil many years ago that looks a lot like yours called Baby Moon. Very fragrant too..........Maryl

• organic_kitten
    last month

Very nice Mantis. Early color is so uplifting.

kay

• DaveinVA (7a)
    29 days ago

WOW!