SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_smith6227819

Why do bad things happen in clusters?

Kathsgrdn
2 years ago

Had some repair work on my old car today and they found a wire showing on a back tire and was told to get it fixed ASAP. Have an appointment next Tuesday at Wal-Mart for that. I won't be driving it again until then. Thank goodness I work at home now!

Exchange student issues this week, having them sent somewhere else to live. May have to have major repairs to the floor in their bathroom. No good deed goes unpunished...that is how I'm feeling right now.

Emily, my very old dog who has cancer, had a very hard time getting and staying up on her feet this morning. If she lays in the floor in the hallway (slippery laminate) she can't get up without my help. If she lays in her dog bed then she can, usually. This morning she was in the hallway and even after I lifted her it took her a good 2 minutes of me holding her up and repositioning her legs for her to stand then she walked very stiffly through the kitchen and outside. She weighs less than half her original weight and looks horrible. I called the vet today. I made an appointment for tomorrow forgetting that I have to work all day. I was upset, crying, which shocked me because I thought it wouldn't affect me like that because I've known for years she wouldn't be around much longer. Every day I wake up wondering if she is going to be alive still. Sometimes I have to really look to make sure she is breathing because she will sometimes sleep with her eyes open now and she looks like she may have died. Anyway, I lost it when talking to the woman on the phone. Ended up having to call back and reschedule for Monday. My daughter is coming with me and she will drive so I don't have to drive on my bad tire and she can say goodbye to Emily too. We got Emily when Lauren was about 8 years old.

I chose to have her cremated and scattered on my vet's farm. The only other option apparently is to buy an expensive urn that would just go in to the ground. I was going to bury her next to our old dog, Luther, out back but she may like the farm better. She was always jumping the fence and running the neighborhood if you didn't let her back in right away, back when she still could do that.

Comments (34)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County