SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
terezosa

Why do I feel bad about this?

terezosa / terriks
10 years ago

We are having a brand new deck built on our house. We already have deck that stretches across the back of our house with entrance via the dining room. The deck isn't behind the dining room, it ends there since the dining room extends out past the rest of the house. So the new deck is going on the other side of the dining room, and we wanted a door on that side that matches the existing door, and is directly opposite it. The deck is done, the door is installed, and all seems well until... I want to move a small table from the existing deck to the new deck. I make it through the original door easily, but it's a tight squeeze through the new door. I measure, and the door is 4" narrower than the existing door.
They are both full light doors and the glass is actually the same size in each, but...they were supposed to be the exactly the same.
I called our builder and he was very nice, and said that he hadn't measured and had just assumed the size of the door, and that they would change it out. Yet still I feel bad! All that work that has to be redone! Is this a female thing, or the fact that I avoid conflict at all costs?

Comments (8)