SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anele_gw

Geesh-- why do bad things happen?

anele_gw
11 years ago

Edited to add: If you are on FB, please "like" this page. It is actually helping the parents deal with this:

https://www.facebook.com/PrayersForConnor

I know, I know, this is not a question that has a satisfactory answer, but it is one that I keep asking anyway.

Several people I know are going through some very tough times. My friend's nephew is likely to have a "common but rare" illness. He is only 4 months old, and the likelihood of him surviving past 18 months is 5%.

Another friend has already been dealt some very serious issues in her life . . .and is facing even more, even though she did almost everything she could to prevent them.

Then there are the mass murders. The "regular" murders. Starvation. Illness. Pedophiles.

Yes, there are babies born healthy and plenty of nice people in the world. Plenty of wonderful and amazing people. But why? Why do these bad things have to keep happening? To say, "that's life" is no answer, but rather a circular argument.

While I guess there is always a lesson to be learned, I don't understand why some people have much harder lessons to be learned.

And yes, people can learn to be peaceful (I guess) even in the throes of horribleness, but why does the horribleness have to exist in the first place?

Sigh.

Here is a link that might be useful: Prayers for Connor

This post was edited by anele on Fri, Jan 18, 13 at 23:54

Comments (20)