SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rozmwa

My Green Exterior house paint turned out too Bright…! Help!

Roz M
2 years ago

I recently painted my house green.The house was green before and my new color is based on a color match i did to figure out its original color(the HOA does not have a preset colors list )

I think the house is too green now - might be because the paint is fresher/newer or maybe my color match was just really off….as the current green looks a lot brighter.I painted a small sample and tested it out and it looked fine-before the whole house was painted…..now am just thinking this green was a bad choice.

I am wondering if I should get the shutters painted a different color? ( I don’t know what color yet, am just weighing my options at this point) and maybe that might improve the look and distract from all the green?

This was clearly an expensive mistake on my part…but am open to suggestions on what might work to remedy the look.

Previous look BEFORE , with unknown colors….

(Ignore the bright yellow circle some of the siding needed fixing so that was just to mark the spot)

Current look AFTER color matching, and painting with colors,Sheraton sage(siding),Casa blanca (trim)and Eclipse(shutters)

Comments (12)