SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juniperg92

1942 stucco house needs lots of help

juniperg92
last month
last modified: last month

My son just bought a small, 1942 stucco house in the upper Midwest. This is his first and probably only house. He reached as high as he could to buy it and now works 2 jobs to hang onto it. I was a homeowner previously but never anything this old and nothing with lots of mysterious, amateurish remodeling done to it.

This house was once foreclosed and looks-like-flipped and then lived in for about 5 years by a family who wasn't very particular. It has so many weird things about it it's hard to know where to start.

I guess I choose the exterior caulk as the first issue.

The listing stated recent exterior paint. The paint is medium gray. The trim is white. Looks like a kindergartener painted the trim, but on closer inspection, it's a dreadful caulking job.

Attaching a picture of the back door and a close up of the front door frame and a wider

picture of the house. Every window and door is like this. Is there make this better without stripping and re-caulking?

Also, any advice about other things he should be on the lookout for in a 1942 stucco house?

Sorry, don't know why the photos are attaching the way they are.

Thank you!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH