SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jess_shumake

Eye for Design: Do these choices blend well?

Jessica
2 years ago

I love coming here for inspiration images and thoughtful advice!

These are some of the design elements that I've been drawn to so far, as we build our home.

When asked what interior design style we're going with, I'm not really sure what to say. Based on the selections I'm leaning to below, what would you call our style? Does anything stick out as not belonging with the other selections? I'd love to hear from those of you who know more about design than I do.

Also, we need a hanging light for the breakfast nook, dining room, and entryway, all of which can be seen simultaneously in our open floor plan. So far I've found two that I like, whose pictures are posted below. Do these work together ok in the same space? If so, should I use both, and then one of them a second time in the third space? If I shouldn't duplicate, what's another light style you'd add to the mix?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Front Door

White shaker cabinets, dark honed granite, medium toned wind plank floors, stainless steel appliances

Matte Black light fixtures, satin nickel hinges/door knobs, satin and/or polished nickel hardware and plumbing fixtures.

2 of these 20"x13.75" pendants above the 8x4 island

One of the chandeliers I like

Another chandelier possibility

Our interior doors

Cove crown molding, baseboards, and our window/door trim

White stacked stone fireplace with a lighter mantle stain than shown here

4 light windows

Medium tone, wide plank floors

Thanks for your thoughts!

Comments (13)