SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lucillle

What are you watching?

lucillle
2 years ago

I'm on a run of Western movies, Stagecoach yesterday, Tombstone this evening.

Comments (57)

• lily316
    2 years ago

Any good Netflix movies to recommend??

• sephia_wa
    2 years ago

I've been binging on Manifest on Netflix. Really good.

• Related Discussions

What Do You Watch?

Q

Comments (23)
    Tried to watch The New Normal, since there was some controversy on my FB page i wanted to see what the fuss was all about. Didn't hold my interest. Pooh bear--true blood is my favorite show. Always hate it when season finale happens. I need to see a couple of the early seasons myself.
    ...See More

What have you watched lately?

Q

Comments (27)
    Saw both Red movies and enjoyed them. We watch more TV shows than movies. What we are watching now is Bosch on Amazon Prime, which is one of the better shows out there. Also watching Motive (USA), Better Call Saul (AMC), Underground (WGN), Artful Detective (OVT). Major broadcasting networks; The Blacklist, Gotham, Lucifer, Elementary, The Good Wife. DH watches on another TV, Americans, Unforgettable, Legends while I watch all the science fiction/supernatural/super hero shows with our son. My guilty pleasure is Fear the Walking Dead, got bored wih The Walking Dead 3 years ago. Looking forward to the return of 12 Monkeys (SYFY). Plus we watch a lot of shows on Hulu and Netflix. Thank goodness we have a DVR!
    ...See More

What are you watching w/o Survivor?

Q

Comments (2)
    I am watching a program on PBS about an archaeologist's search for the Hanging Gardens of Babylon...which turned out not to be in Babylon, but in Niniva. This is the 3rd time I've seen it....so not really paying attention. Before that was Nova and it was about trying to build a smaller replica of the Ark.
    ...See More

What are you watching on TV?

Q

Comments (44)
    I seem to be the odd one here. Supernatural is my go-to comfort background noise. I have started watching VanHelsing, American Horror Story (had to skip Season 2 - it was too much for me), Deputy, sometimes Midsomer Murders and plenty of youtube craft videos. Just downloaded the app for Curiosity Stream but haven't begun watching anything yet. I use a Roku, have Netflix and Hulu and Amazon Prime, no cable or antenna.
    ...See More
  • arcy_gw
    2 years ago

Peacock has Chicago Fire--never watched it before this summer.

The Ice Road on Netflix was recommended so we watched.

Manifest got too weird so we bailed after a few.

The Net was worth watching. POMS was ok. The Lincoln Lawyer was engaging.

• Ladydi Zone 6A NW BC Canada
    2 years ago

Tonight I found the movie 'The Joker' with Joaquin Phoenix on Netflix. I saw the movie in a theater when it first opened and loved it. Very sad, very creepy but the acting, I thought, is superb. Watching again.

• terezosa / terriks
    2 years ago

Ted Lasso! Funny and upbeat on AppleTV+.

• Jasdip
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I bounce around, watching several shows. I'm still on McLeod's Daughters, which I love. It's set in Australia, about 5 women running a cattle and sheep station. It's 8 seasons, with 22 episodes each.

I recently watched a movie called A Walk in the Woods with Robert Redford and Nick Nolte.

As to a western, I know that Yellowstone is highly recommended so that's on my list.

A new series that I just started is Lupin. It's also good.

• nicole___
    2 years ago

Just finished streaming "Suburgatory", free on CWSEED. It was pretty funny. We liked it.

• Uptown Gal
    2 years ago

Arcy? Have you watched the other Chicago shows that are part of the "Chicago 3"?

(Chicago Med and Chicago PD) My favorite Wednesday night shows. :) I get them

on regular Network Channels...NBC. The actors do "cross-overs" from time to time and

do the different shows.

• chisue
    2 years ago

We, too, were surprised at the ending of "Unforgotten". We were disappointed to find that the new "Professor T" has the same plots as the original series. We'd expected fresh material.

We're now watching "Flanders Field" but not enthralled. Hoping to eventually see promised productions from the group that dramatized "Bosch". We had the DVD of "Meet Joe Black" from our library -- Brad Pitt as a young star in a remake of "Death Takes A Holiday". It was a little slow.

• LoneJack Zn 6a, KC
    2 years ago

Currently I am switching back and forth between CNBC stock market coverage and the coverage of the disaster as it unfolds in Afghanistan.

Later I will probably watch another episode of The Wire that I finally got around to checking out. Still in season one and not sure I will make it through all 6? seasons.

• Bookwoman
    2 years ago

Keep going with The Wire (there are 5 seasons). It is, IMO, the best thing that's ever been written for TV.

• Jasdip
    2 years ago

Miracle in Cell 7 is very emotional.

• Alisande
    2 years ago

One of the "minor" antenna channels I get (CourtTV) sometimes runs back-to-back episodes of CSI Miami with David Caruso. I never saw it when it ran years ago, and I've been putting it on when I'm working in the kitchen. I've decided I would have loved forensic work--provided it didn't get too gory, and if I didn't have to go out in the field and risk getting shot.

• lisaam
    2 years ago

lily316 Wildlife is a film we liked on Netflix. directed by Paul Dano it is understated and well acted. jake gyllenhaal is in it.

• socks
    2 years ago

Also netflix and new, The Defeated ive watched one episode and liked it

Ted Lasso on amazon was good

• chisue
    2 years ago

One series we've seen that we think equals "The Wire" is "The Bureau" (French w/subtitles). It's certainly timely, with its focus on the Middle East.

• Cherryfizz
    2 years ago

We are enjoying watching the old Andy of Mayberry series on MeTV. I have realized they are more funnier than most of the comedies that have been on tv in the last decade except for Schitt's Creek. The show is on every week day for an hour.

• joann_fl
    2 years ago

I Just finished the season 7 of Grace & Frankie, now I am watching Grays Anatomy. I never thought I would like it.

• Alisande
    2 years ago

Cherryfizz, when I was watching the Andy Griffith Show a couple of years ago, I wanted to move to Mayberry . . . either there or Stars Hollow (Gilmore Girls). :-)

I just learned season 2 of "Modern Love" has been released. I loved the first season of these stories, based on the New York Times column. Great casts!

• bragu_DSM 5
    2 years ago

i am watching the track of the hurricane coming into the NE. don't see those very often ..

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    2 years ago

Chisue, I just watched the original Death Takes a Holiday last night.

I've been watching La Vuelta a Espana (3 week cycling race, like the Tour de France, in Spain) daily - have it on as I clean, read the paper, check emails - each stage is several hours & I don't start paying close attention until the last hour or so.

Out side of that, I am watching programs on Acorn while I have the trial subscription. I think I will re-up for another month, since I am finding lots interesting. So far I have been mostly focusing on the history - related shows like Wartime Farm, Digging Britain, VE Day, I did watch the melodrama "A Place to Call Home" - interesting at first, but by the last season I was ready for it to end.

• bpath
    2 years ago

With DH, the Tacos series, and we watched ”Val”. We watched Mare of Eastown, that was good. I’m watching The Good Witch and just started Nine Perfect Strangers. Kind of polar opposites!

• katlan
    2 years ago

I watch the food network channel, hgtv and diynetwork abt every day.

A new series started on the SyFy channel called Surrealestate. I really like it. It's different and quirky. Still like Deadliest Catch but haven't watched it faithfully lately.

Really, really wish Survivor would come back!

• nicole___
    2 years ago

Motorweek. I 'was' car shopping. It has a LOT of cool cars!

• chisue
    2 years ago

rae -- Have you also watched the remake w/Brad Pitt? I suspect the earlier version was better, although the Pitt showcase was one *elaborate* production!

We're into Modern Love Season 2. We enjoyed the first and third episodes. Not the second or fourth. I hadn't expected the Irish settings (fist and third episodes).

We finished Flanders Field. It was astounding -- an appropriately bleak illustration of war relentlessly crushing every person and every dream. Grit your teeth and watch it. Don't expect to 'enjoy' it.

• Uptown Gal
    2 years ago

Watching "Turner and Hooch"...the remake with Josh Peck. Love it...it is silly and unbelievable

but just what we need right now. The thought of "Hooch" coming in my house gives me

nightmares though. LOL (Josh Peck...from Nickelodeon's "Drake and Josh"...the kid's show

years back). It is a remake/take off of the movie with Tom Hanks.

• lily316
    2 years ago

I looked all over Netflix for The Joker with Joaquin Phoenix and never found it.

• sushipup1
    2 years ago

We re-watch The Great British Baking Show. Never gets old. And since DH falls asleep 3/4 thru the show, he's rarely ever seen the end of an episode, it's all new to him.

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    2 years ago

Chisue, the 1932? version that I watched wasn't too impressive - the kind of typical speechifying acting of low budget films of that day.. It wasn't very long so it filled an hour before bed. I vaguely remember seeing "Meet Joe Black" with Pitt - would have to say that remake was better.than the original

• Anne
    2 years ago

I want to watch Chesapeake Shores but I would have a lot of catching up to do, I have missed several seasons.

Plan to watch American Horror Story next month about the Clinton impeachment

• chisue
    2 years ago

raee -- Thanks for the review. I guess we'll skip the oldie.

We watched the last segment of Modern Love Season 2 yesterday. We liked only half of the episodes. The final one came close to 'very good', but the actor playing the DH getting a second chance didn't quite sell the character. (It's hard to know if it's the actor or the direction.)

• artemis_ma
    2 years ago

Currently? My laptop screen. It's at what I still prefer to call GardenWeb.

(Smile.)

• sushipup1
    2 years ago

Been watching Bobby and Giada in Italy on Food Network. I think you can stream it on that streaming channel they have. The food looks divine.

• Judi
    2 years ago

Lily, not a movie, but light entertainment. Penguin Town on Netflix.

Watched Wildlife recently and didn't care for it.

Currently watching The Chair.

• caflowerluver
    2 years ago

We have Directv, Netflix and Amazon. We were running out of things to watch so about a month or so ago we signed up for Parmount+. Lots of shows to watch there.

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    2 years ago

I just finished watching Clarkson's Farm on Amazon.....what a hoot!! A 60 y.o. gearhead/car geek buys a 1000 acre farm in the Cotswold's months before Covid and is determined to become a gentleman farmer. It's a good thing he has money and a bunch of advisors, as he has not a clue about what he is doing!! His gearheadedness comes out when he buys the biggest tractor I've ever seen - a Lamborghini (who knew they even made tractors??) that is too big to even fit in the barn.

The miniseries takes us from fall of 2019 when he starts farming through his first harvest in the fall of 2020 and all the issues he encounters in between. I enjoyed it immensely!

• Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    2 years ago

Gardengal, tractors are the original Lamborghinis.

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    2 years ago

Thanks for that little bit of trivia! 👍 Being a minor car geek myself, I knew the Lambo auto was developed in direct competition to Ferrari. I never delved much beyond that :-) And to be fair, they are two separate companies.

• lily316
    2 years ago

Thanks Judi . The Penguin Show is something I'd watch and I want to watch The Chair too.

• Jasdip
    2 years ago

I watched the latest movie with Jason Mamoa, called Sweet Girl. A lot of people liked it, it had quite the twist at the end. It didn't do much for me.

As popular as he is, I found the acting very poor.

A couple of new ones on my list are Click Bait and 9 Perfect Strangers

• Anna
    2 years ago

Binge watching Game of Thrones.

• chisue
    2 years ago

Four stars for The Courier, the true story of an ordinary English salesman drafted to spy for the US by acting as a courier for a Russian member of Kruschev's elite during the Cuba missile crisis. NOT 'relaxing', to say the least. It's a 2021 release. Watched it on Amazon Prime.

• maxmom96
    2 years ago

I just finished watching Clickbait on Netflix and really enjoyed it.

• lily316
    2 years ago

I saw Sweet Girl also tonight. What a weird ending.

• Jasdip
    2 years ago

Lily, I don't see the appeal with Jason aside from his body. His acting, at least in this movie is very sub-par.

I watched Nine Perfect Strangers last night and it's a keeper.

• lily316
    2 years ago

Totally agree, Jasdip, about the acting. The movie ending was bizarre, to say the least. Also watched Aftermath which was recommended if you liked Sweet Girl. Even weirder , with an even more bizarre ending.

• Anna
    2 years ago

@lily316 since you’re looking for something to watch on Netflix and if you haven’t already, I recommend The Queen’s Gambit. I loved it. It’s an original Netflix 7 episode series about an orphan who grows up to be a world champion chess player. It garnered 18 Emmy nominations and won Golden Globes for best limited series and best actress.

• Bookwoman
    2 years ago

Jasdip, I'm enjoying 9 Perfect Strangers...except for Nicole Kidman. Her very badly done Russian accent is driving me crazy! But Bobby Cannavale and Melissa McCarthy more than make up for her.

• lily316
    2 years ago

Anna, thanks but I saw it when it was released. Loved it.

• palisades_
    2 years ago

Bob Ross Documentary on Netflix. I used to watch his show on PBS years ago. It is eye opening and sad to watch the documentary. Only if the son Steve had listened to his father, now he is regretting it.

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!