SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_725232485

Kitchen/Living Room Flooring Dilemma

Giuliana
2 years ago

Hello!

My fiancé and I just bought our first home and the kitchen needs some work. The laminate flooring from the living room goes into the kitchen and creates a squared-off dining area, where the rest of the kitchen is a vinyl sheet. I find the whole floor layout very awkward, and would like to create one uniform floor. We were originally going to do the whole kitchen in the wood laminate, but we’ve been told not to put laminate in the kitchen since it’s not waterproof. Also, we haven't been able to find the matching laminate wood in stores anywhere, so even if we did want to do the whole kitchen in that, we couldn’t because it wouldn’t match the living room.

My question is: Should I redo the living room and kitchen flooring to be the same vinyl wood planks or just do the kitchen in a vinyl tile and keep the living room as is (with the current laminate floors). If we do tile vinyl in the kitchen, I was thinking a grey tile floor. We will also be painting the cabinets white and redoing the cournertop to a marble Formica.

Thank you SO much for reading this lengthy post and I appreciate any and all help!!

P.S Please ignore the mess in the photo, still moving in!

Comments (2)