SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beesneeds

Anyone here done a whole roasted pig that can give tips for cooking?

beesneeds
2 years ago

Short story first. I'm kind of the chef in the family. Trained and now a bit retired. My sister has gotten engaged earlier this year, to be married second weekend of September. She wants a picinic in the yard of their new home, and yes, the home can do this.

She also decided she wants to do a pig roast, and on saturday asked me if I would run the pit... or rather the company comes out and sets up the pig and roaster in the morning, and will I please chef up?

I'm 100% on board with doing the roasting. It's going to be a potluck otherwise, and I'll run the food too. So while recommending stuff to go along with a pig roast is welcome, my big delema is learning how to roast a whole pig in six weeks. And how to serve it too, at some time it has to come down and get whacked up into eating.

Since a company is supposed to be coming out to set up the raw pig in the cooker, and a bit of a crash lesson in pig roasting on my own... I wanted to hit up the cooking forum to see if I could learn a bit more in the meantime.

So... anyone got tips and pointers on how a whole pig gets roasted up and then served up?

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor