SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
megan_philbin43

Coretec Chandler oak problems- replacement suggestions!

Megan Philbin
2 years ago

I just wanted to post something out there about our experience with this floor. And ask for replacement suggestions. We replaced all our flooring on the first floor with Coretec pro plus Chandler oak. I immediately noticed the white powder on the floors but suspected it was dry wall dust as we had just some other work in the house. No matter what I used it didn't go away and the floors never looked clean.
That was something I could live with. However we started noticing blood all over our floors and we were able to determine that my small children's feet were getting cut up by the floors. My dogs paw pads were also getting worn down. My husband and I also experienced cuts on our toes and holes in all our socks. I reached out to rite rug our installer and they filed a claim for us with Coretec. Initially there was discussion that the space between the planks was too large. But this week we found out that they approved our claim because the top coat used on this flooring is abrasive and can have an exfoliating effect.
We have been approved for a reselection. I'm not certain if it will be with Coretec brands only or any sold by our installer. I'm concerned that all Coretec floors or all LVP have this top coat. Anyone have advice on this? I can't live this way anymore. I feel like they shouldn't advertise these floors as good for animals and children because literally it injured my family.

Comments (3)