SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lauren_larue

HELP! Marmoleum repair issues

Lauren La Rue
11 days ago

OK I have a vintage 1958 house with a retro kitchen. Former owner installed a checkerboard marmoleum floor in the kitchen with 3 colors. I have a love/hate relationship with this floor. It does capture the vintage feel for sure and I like the look. EXCEPT the stains, the scuffs and the water damage. This is the most finicky "bullet proof/hospital type" flooring I have ever seen. It stains very readily, including taking color from an anti-fatigue matt and a cast iron fry pan set on the floor for a day. Most important, I had a slow leak under my dishwasher which has caused the edges of several tiles to cup and peel upwards slightly, leaving wide dirty gaps

. I have looked into repairing it - which sounds easy - replacing a few tiles - except I need tiles in all 3 colors. Forbo and the retailers will only sell in cases, that means I need to buy 150 plus square feet of the product to fix about 8 tiles. I have called and beseeched them for help, but I got the cold shoulder from the manufacturer and the retailer. Well that is pretty crappy customer support for a "green", higher end product in my opinion. I can buy porcelain tile to cover the entire floor for only a couple hundred bucks more than the cases of marmoleum and it will take a lot of abuse, more than the marmoleum. SO does anyone have any ideas on how to handle this without me replacing the entire floor? And you can bet I wont replace it with more marmoleum.

Thanks, Lauren

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath