SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
celticmoon_gw

Help! Color panic - cancel Monday's Marmoleum install???

celticmoon
14 years ago

Ack.

I am second guessing the Marmoleum color to be installed Monday. Bamboo install finished yesterday. Now that I can see the "big picture" I am worried the Marmoleum is now looking very different than I thought.

I am seeing a lot of taupe - and it has taken me years to undo the taupe on every surface inch of this house... from some angles, all I see is that pinky grey purply ashy tone...why didn't I see it before? There are a zillion Marmoleum colors. Did I manage to pick the one that won't work?

But without the vinyl background, and with the pattern running the right way, the color is more what I expected.

Up close it still makes sense to me: the caramel is just like the bamboo, the cream is like the Corian counters, the greys are nice with the walls and the cabinets.

The bamboo and Marmoleum meet at a 6 foot angled opening between kitchen and hallway, a skylit transition space. The flooring change is not in a sightline from any seating, but there are glimpses of each from the other as you move throught the house.

I will take a monster hit financially if I abort the install. It is 600 sq ft of pricey sheet goods special ordered, so not exactly returnable. (And this is not a good day to burn money, as last night the county board changed the pension system rules and thereby imploded my retirement plan.)

I am driving myself (and DH) crazy here. Sometimes it looks great - and sometimes I fear it will be horrible.

Proceed? Kill the install?

...somebody talk me down....

Comments (32)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor