SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
liz1215

Coretec Plus Deep Smoked Oak (LVP flooring)

liz1215
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We want to install LVP in our kitchen and family room. We've looked at different options and really like the look of Coretec Plus Deep Smoked Oak. Has anyone used this? I have some questions.

1. Is it durable? Waterproof or water-resistant? Scratch-resistant? It's me, my husband, two young kids and a puppy, so we want something that will hold up well to frequent spills, dog claws, kids running everywhere, etc.

2. How easy is it to clean/keep clean? I know darker wood shows more dust and dirt and will need to be cleaned more frequently. But are you able to keep it clean? I've read about some types of Coretec where people haven't been able to get all smudges/spots up when cleaning. I know it won't stay clean for long after I sweep and mop (again, two kids and a dog!), but I'd at least like to be able to get all the prints and everything else up when I clean it.

3. Is the install fairly easy? We are looking at floating this over a concrete slab in one room and subfloor in the other. Should we consider glue instead?

4. How flat and level do the floors need to be? Our subfloor currently has a slight wave that makes it a little higher in some places (we're working on fixing that). I've heard from some that this flooring can float over a slightly imperfect subfloor, but then I've also heard the floor needs to be perfectly flat and level before installing.

Two photos are attached. One shows where the flooring will meet the hardwood in the hallway, and the other shows where it will meet gray porcelain tile in the mud room.

If you have any pictures of this flooring in your home and would be willing to share them, that would be great! Also, if you have any recommendations of a different floor (we don't mind a different brand or color, but do want to try to use a darker LVP), those are welcome. Thank you!

Comments (7)