SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jahemh

Therma Tru, HMI or ….entry door?

2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I need to replace my front entry door. i have a 36” door with 12” sidelights on each side. i have read some threads that recommend Provia, but installed prices (pre Covid) were quoted starting around $12k, more than i would like to pay. Next HMI seems highly rated, but i cant find a showroom that is ever open near me. i would really like to see and feel the door as opposed to blindly purchasing online. That leaves me with Therma Tru that seems to be rarely recommmended.

I like the iron doors because they have a vented glass, but since they are all made in China I have crossed them off my list. HMI has a french sidelight which would allow some fresh air if it could be left open at times. Therma Tru offers vented sidelights which i would definately use. A storm door is not a good option for us. we have had them before and the strong winds in our area always blow and damage the frames. Can someone tell me in simple terms what to look for and why HMI is so much better than Therma Tru? i am open to other suggestions that are decent quality, but are not in the Provia price range.

Thanks in advance for everyone.s help.

Comment (1)