SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amylou321

Floof! Whats your sign?

amylou321
2 years ago

I do not put much stock in astrology, though I occasionally like to read my horoscope for fun. However, recently, 2 different people have asked me what my star sign is. When I answered, they said "yeah, I can tell."

Huh?

Anyway, I am a Capricorn. A January Capricorn, to be specific.

What are you?

Comments (39)

• sephia_wa
    2 years ago

I'm a September Libra. My rising sign is Taurus. A friend who is into astrology told me the rising sign part. I have no clue though what that means.

amylou321 thanked sephia_wa
  • amylou321
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I was given my entire birth chart as a gift by a former coworker who fancied herself a witch of some sort. All those rising, moon signs, etc. No clue what any of it meant, and I didn't feel like sitting through hours of explanation. Seems like an interesting hobby....

• Related Discussions

Floof: My new,odd habit.....and yours????

Q

Comments (51)
    Glad to read I'm not the only oddball out there! Very interesting to read about all of our various quirks. littlebug, I never, ever leave my car windows down because of the remote chance a wasp might get inside. I could just see me driving over a cliff because a stinging insect was buzzing around in the car. I once stripped down to my undies in a parking lot because I felt something crawling up my leg while driving. It turned out to be a bee that had somehow got under my pants leg - still makes me shudder to think about it!
    ...See More

Floof! Your new title(s)!

Q

Comments (39)
    Last night when I almost responded, it was Lady Colonoscopy Prep of County Gardenshire. My quarantine name is Bored Shrimp.
    ...See More

Floof! Your last text message.

Q

Comments (57)
    This thread is like reading old text threads I used to have with my friend and fellow band mom. We would have three conversations going on at once, weaving together texts about our shopping for a band meal, local politics, and our kids and pets. At the time they made perfect sense, now they read like stream-of-consciousness gobbledygook.
    ...See More

Floof! Your "thing"

Q

Comments (33)
    When I posted above about my hobbies of antique collecting , plant collection, and my koi, I have three more passions I completely forgot at that moment. Growing up as an only child I was allowed no pets except the parakeet I bought at age 12 with my own money. I told my mother when I got married I would have many many pets and I have. I've had a beloved African Grey parrot and four dogs but my greatest love is cats and I have had 18 over the decades. The most were six at a time and presently I have three. Yes , I AM a cat lady! The next hobby is reading and I read at least two books a week and always have five or six library ones waiting. And the last hobby is running/walking/hiking. I started running in the 70's and ran a few 5Ks but that was it . Nothing like my daughter who has run 18 marathons and her son will do his first Boston in April , one she ran five times. When I got older I switched off running to speed walking around my town for 3-4 miles a day but my greatest love is hiking the Appalachian trail every day for two years since Covid started. I have "done" the trail since I've hiked 2448 miles and the whole course is 2175 miles. That's what I tell the thru hikers kiddingly. Not fair since my stretch isn't nearly as strenuous as some they encounter. And yesterday I stood near a herd of 38 deer. I counted them.
    ...See More
  • Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I am a Virgo born on the cusp of Leo, I am told. August.

amylou321 thanked Zalco/bring back Sophie!
  • morz8 - Washington Coast
    2 years ago

Another Virgo, solidly into Sept. I've never delved deeply into it, cannot remember the last time I read my horoscope.

amylou321 thanked morz8 - Washington Coast
  • lily316
    2 years ago

Pisces

amylou321 thanked lily316
  • aok27502
    2 years ago

I'm an October Libra.

amylou321 thanked aok27502
  • Uptown Gal
    2 years ago

Mid-Point Virgo...read my horoscope once in a great while and forget it soon after. ;)

amylou321 thanked Uptown Gal
  • nickel_kg
    2 years ago

Lars, that was fascinating. I love hearing about ancient languages, etc.

Horoscopes were popular when I was in my teens, everyone could sing "This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius...." I'm aware I'm a Cancer, but I don't believe that the position of the planets, stars etc has any influence at all on our personalities or fates. I do believe that, as Lars said, the questions/ideas raised by astrology, tarot, etc might possibly lead to insights that might possibly be useful, if done thoughtfully. Also, if an interest in astrology leads to an interest in astronomy, or interest in another such system inspires a person to learn more about another ancient culture, that's a good thing.

amylou321 thanked nickel_kg
  • satine100
    2 years ago

Im a December Capricorn

amylou321 thanked satine100
  • Ont_Gal
    2 years ago

I am a January Aquarian.....and its obvious.

amylou321 thanked Ont_Gal
  • sleeperblues
    2 years ago

As Lars mentioned above, astrology is quite complicated. I remember my Mom, back in the seventies, got really interested in it and would make up star charts or whatever they were called. Looked quite complicated to me. I'm a gemini, born in May. I think I live up to the gemini reputation, meaning two personalities. I can be quite outgoing if I want to be, but love my alone time too.

amylou321 thanked sleeperblues
  • OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

I am an August Leo.

amylou321 thanked OutsidePlaying
  • Jasdip
    2 years ago

August Leo here too.

amylou321 thanked Jasdip
  • sweet_betsy No AL Z7
    2 years ago

A February Aquarian

amylou321 thanked sweet_betsy No AL Z7
  • marilyn_c
    2 years ago

Another October Libra. Generally speaking, it describes me well.

amylou321 thanked marilyn_c
  • Yayagal
    2 years ago

Aquarius

amylou321 thanked Yayagal
  • Elizabeth
    2 years ago

I do not follow astrology but if I had a sign it would be "Caution" That's what DH says, I am a caution.😁

amylou321 thanked Elizabeth
  • nicole___
    2 years ago

Sagittarius. I like THIS horoscope. I try to read it every day. The generalities just seem wise. Quote about Sags, "will say anything no matter how undiplomatic." That sums me up....very accurate!

Every time I say I don't believe in astrology....I remember my siblings star signs and it ALL makes sense. :0)

amylou321 thanked nicole___
  • functionthenlook
    2 years ago

I will read my horoscope if I happen to see one in a magazine or paper, but I don't seek it out. To me horoscopes are just entertainment like fortune tellers or fortune cookies and are not to be taken seriously. I'm a scorpio.

amylou321 thanked functionthenlook
  • yeonassky
    2 years ago

I think if this type of thing as fun and somewhat helpful if you recognize yourself in some of it but not life-altering.

I'm a May Taurus on the cusp of Gemini. Apparently my moon is in Aquarius. That makes me have a fixed sign for both my sun and moon signs. And absolutely no Virgo to make me neat and tidy. Darn and my Chinese astrology sign the rooster doesn't help with my distracted ways either. :-)

Sidereal time: 15:49:31 UTC

Sun in Taurus at 28° 43'.

Moon was in Aquarius at 09° 57'.

Mercury in Taurus at 10° 01'.

Venus was in Gemini at 08° 02'.

Mars in Cancer at 09° 38'.

Pluto was in Leo at 27° 57

Jupiter was in Virgo at 21° 50'.

Saturn in Sagittarius at 11° 57'.

Uranus was in Leo at 03° 33'.

Neptune in Scorpio at 00° 30'.

ETA to add it's a good thing I don't take this stuff seriously as I was told long ago that I had no Virgo. Apparently at least according to this astrological chart I do. I'm happy to join the ranks of possibly neat people. :-).

amylou321 thanked yeonassky
  • caflowerluver
    2 years ago

Sagittarius - December 6. The problem I have with astrology is I am a twin. We are total opposites of each other so how does one horoscope fit both of us.

amylou321 thanked caflowerluver
  • Alisande
    2 years ago

I'm impressed with the knowledge some of you have about astrology! Feel free to comment on this:

When I was 16, a successful businesswoman, a member of my extended family by marriage, took me to the Museum of Modern Art and out to lunch at Rockefeller Center because she would be moving away soon and she wanted to tell me something. She said I was born on the cusp between Aries and Taurus. My Aries side would always love to perform, to be the center of attention, to be out and about, and to have many friends, whereas my Taurus side would savor time spent at home, doing quiet domestic things (like cooking and hooking rugs). She was absolutely right, although she warned that managing these two sides would be a bit of a struggle for me, and I don't think it's been like that.

amylou321 thanked Alisande
  • stacey_mb
    2 years ago

My sign is Taurus and my element is Earth. I just read the descriptions for these signs and they pretty much describe my personality!

amylou321 thanked stacey_mb
  • blfenton
    2 years ago

Aquarius born in January.

ETA - I haven't read about my astrology sign in years, if not decades. And so I went down that rabbit hole and was reading how they like quiet time and they do a lot of thinking in their heads, etc - which are also classic signs of an introvert. So I googled what is the most introverted sign and it turns out that it is Aquarius. Well, that sure explains a lot.

amylou321 thanked blfenton
  • wildchild2x2
    2 years ago

I am an Aries with a Pisces ascendant. Moon is in Taurus, Mercury in Aries, Venus in Taurus, Mars in Aries, Jupiter in Pisces, Saturn in Virgo, Uranus in Cancer and Neptune in Libra. My personality pretty much fits my chart since toddlerhood, long before I heard of Astrology.

amylou321 thanked wildchild2x2
  • patriciae_gw
    2 years ago

I shocked the socks off my mother when I was a kid by telling her I did not believe in astrology. Of course I dont. I would have to believe I was so significant in the universe that the arrangement of all the bodies in it were put where they were when they were so that when I was born they would be representative of ideas made by other people of what those particular arrangements meant. Knowing that all those bodies are moving around and the earth continually changes it relationship to them over time, well that is too big of a stretch for me.

When you read the ones in the paper try reading several of the other ones. You just might see a correlation

amylou321 thanked patriciae_gw
  • jupidupi
    2 years ago

Well, not everyone is lucky enough to born in Aries, but I was :-)

How's that for a "very Aries" thing to say?

Seriously, though, I first became interested in astrology when I realized that three men who were important in my life at various times were all born on October 2.

My husband is an Aquarius, and his air fuels my fire.

I have a friend who was born at the same hospital the day after me. Her life has been vastly different from mine. But one day we were talking about lucky numbers and how we were unsure of why, but felt we had a lucky number. Mine is 43 and her's is 44 -- that seemed like a weird coincidence.

amylou321 thanked jupidupi
  • wildchild2x2
    2 years ago

Well, not everyone is lucky enough to born in Aries, but I was :-)

How's that for a "very Aries" thing to say?

Truth! jupidupi. I tell people not only am I an Aries but I also walk on water since I was born on Easter Sunday .;-) I am married to an Aquarius also. Only sign I think could put up with me since he is content with being in his own head while supporting my quests for adventure, challenge and going out to slay windmills.

amylou321 thanked wildchild2x2
  • ritamay91710
    2 years ago

I'm a Virgo. I don't go out of my way to read my horoscope, but from what I've read about my sign, it seems pretty accurate. The good and the bad.

amylou321 thanked ritamay91710
  • Lars
    2 years ago

I had a friend in Vancouver who was born 2-1/2 days after me, and so his moon was exactly 30 degrees from mine at 22° Gemini while mine is 22° Taurus. The rest of our charts are pretty much identical, except that he has Aries rising, and I have Leo rising - both fire signs.

Anyway, we have a lot of unusual things in common, including the same eyeglass prescription, and so we could see with each other's glasses. He remained one of my best friends for many years, until I think his health declined, but I'm not exactly sure, because at some point it became impossible to contact him.

My brother and I are both Pisces (as was our grandfather), and we do fit the descriptions. There are not any other signs that describe us as well.

BTW, Aries and Pisces are the two most different signs, since they are the first and the last, and Aries is Cardinal Fire, and Pisces is Mutable Water. The cusp of Pisces/Aries is the most difficult to interpret of all the cusps. I get along unusually well with Aries women, but I do have a few problems with some Aries men - mostly because they often seem to be bouncing off the walls, especially if they have a lack of focus. The Aries energy can be too much for me at times, but for some reason I've had a lot of friends who are Aries women.

amylou321 thanked Lars
  • terilyn
    2 years ago

I am also an August Leo!

amylou321 thanked terilyn
  • raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    2 years ago

Leo born on the last day before Virgo.

My mother was another of those caught up in the astrology craze in the 70s -and not just astrology, but a lot of the psychic/"spiritual"/"gifts"/ and so forth stuff. It caught my interest for a while, but in the end, I didn't and don't really care about it.

amylou321 thanked raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
  • Kathsgrdn
    2 years ago

Virgo and Chinese Tiger. That's all I know. Had my palm read twice just for the fun of it. First woman in Virginia City NV told me I'd live to 72. 2nd one, somewhere in Kentucky told me 82. 2nd one also told me I would marry again. That isn't ever going to happen!

amylou321 thanked Kathsgrdn
  • roy4me
    2 years ago

February Aquarius

amylou321 thanked roy4me
  • Ladydi Zone 6A NW BC Canada
    2 years ago

Has anyone noticed that most of 2021's horoscopes aren't very optimistic for any of the signs? Maybe it's just the ones I am reading? I'm a Libra and do seem to have many of their traits.

amylou321 thanked Ladydi Zone 6A NW BC Canada
  • jane__ny
    2 years ago

I'm a Scorpio and was wondering if something weird with planets was taking place this year. Its been the worse year of my life. I'm the 20th of November so I know I'm close to Sagittarius.

I used to read my horoscope years ago when we got newspapers and magazines. Haven't in years.

My husband was a Virgo and my kids are both born in March but one is Pisces, the other Aries. They are like day and night.

This was such a horrible year which began right after the New Year. I would ask my doctor if something weird was going on with the planets. It was just one bad thing after another.

I don't follow astrology, however I do think there are forces which we don't understand.

Jane

amylou321 thanked jane__ny
  • sprtphntc7a
    2 years ago

November Sagittarius

amylou321 thanked sprtphntc7a
  • anneliese32
    2 years ago

I am a February Pisces and it fits like a square in a round hole.

amylou321 thanked anneliese32