lucillle

Anyone still wear crocs?

lucillle
2 years ago

Are they sturdy and comfortable?

Comments (69)

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    2 years ago

I currently have 4 pair, including a fuzzy pair that I wear when walking the dog. The holes have a "backing" that don't allow water in so I can wear them in the winter. Love them.

lucillle thanked murraysmom Zone 6a OH
  • lisa_fla
    2 years ago

Yes i wear either the clogs or the Athens flip flops i have wide feet and they are very comfortable The width on tne clogs can vary depending on which country manufactured them i can wear them 12+ hours walking around Disney World in complete comfort i cant say that when i wear sneakers They need to be replaced once the tread wears down or they become super slick on wet surfaces

lucillle thanked lisa_fla
  • Related Discussions

Does anyone wear a bathing cap anymore

Q

Comments (30)
    My favorite part of the triathlon is swimming. With that said pool swimming is my favorite exercise, ocean swimming on a rainy day with an angry sea during a triathlon, not so much. And that's what we got during both triathlons I did. The first year I did ok, second it was so rough, I had a panic attack in the ocean and took a noodle and had to be guided back in with a swim angel. Anyhow, I think my triathlon days are over, I had a knee replacement very young, and the cycling and running were too hard on it. I took off from training last year, but I'm still having issues. I live in NJ and I am just not comfortable cycling in traffic, I am too afraid to get hit. Running, is completely out for me, I sort of jogged and power walked because I can't train to run, and honestly I don't think I would enjoy running even if I hadn't had a knee replacement. Those 2 triathlons were for my bucket list, next is a swim in the Navesink River race this June. Planning on starting training in Mid-February. I hope a river swim is kinder than the ocean! I'm envious of your pool, I would be in it daily if I had one! Enjoy your workouts.
    ...See More

Do women still wear knee high hose?

Q

Comments (40)
    I hope nobody thought I wore socks with sandals! I meant to say that ALL shoes rub so I wear socks or hose, I don't wear the flip-flop type sandals at all b/c they rub. Sometimes I will wear hose with a strappy shoe that I guess you could call a sandal - if they're dressy, have heels (even wedges). Casual open-toe sandals I don't wear hose - of course I'm usually wearing those with shorts! Even in my 20's and wearing miniskirts I always wore hose with heels. They help reduce the friction. Don't do anything for sweaty feet though - I had lots of pairs of hose with stained feet from the dye coming off the shoes. My kids' shoes stink - even 10-yr old DD's feet sometimes stink. But the 15-yr runner's are the worst!
    ...See More

Do you wear Crocs?

Q

Comments (24)
    Oakley you are not going to look like a doofus if you wear a pair of Crocs! Go for it! You seem to be quite the casual type gal, live in the country, spend outdoor time with grandchildren, work in your yard - they should be perfect for you. I don't own a pair, but after going to the website, I definitely want a pair of flip-flops next summer. I do see people wearing the older traditional style slide in cooler weather with cute socks. My DD who can be quite trendy will wear them in the fall/early winter (dry weather) with dark, thick earthy type socks and boot-cut jeans with a hoodie or cute t-shirt. No - she doesn't wear them to work (teacher), nor does she wear them out to dinner, etc. Kind of like the way Tina wears hers - but she will wear them out in very casual situations. I think they could be very appropriate with the right type of slacks for running errands - grocery shopping, Walmart, etc. PLEASE DON'T WEAR WHITE SOCK WITH THEM! LOL Heck - I'm talking myself into a pair for fall!
    ...See More

Super deal on the Mammoth Crocs!

Q

Comments (26)
    Chemocurl - if you want something to put in the coupon code box you can try 10THANKS and see if they will give you an extra 10% off. It might be an old code, I didn't find it till just now or else I would have tried it! :-) You can just leave the box blank though. If they didn't fit, I imagine you could get all your money back by putting them on eBay when fall rolls around again.
    ...See More
  • joann_fl
    2 years ago

I use mine for walking the dog. if you step in something they are easy to clean.

lucillle thanked joann_fl
  • raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    2 years ago

I have a pair that I "won" for taking part in a survey years ago. I've never liked them much, so they live by the back door to slip on when I need to take out the trash. I don't like getting dirt on my feet when I'm gardening, so I don't wear them for that although that is how I thought I would use them. I don't feel comfortable in them for more than that.

lucillle thanked raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
  • marilyn_c
    2 years ago

I have some and see Skechers are making some now. I started to order a pair on eBay last night, but I knew Walmart had some knock offs for about 1/5 the price, so I looked at them today but couldn't find my size. So haven't decided. I slip them on in the house and wear them in the yard sometimes. When the tread gets worn smooth, they are very slippery and have caused me to fall several times.

lucillle thanked marilyn_c
  • Alisande
    2 years ago

Marilyn, you might wear a smaller size of Walmart's crocs. I ordered my usual size 9, and am going to take them back tomorrow and hope they have an 8. Maybe even a 7. I also ordered a pair in that style from Amazon (twice the price of Walmart), and those were too big as well. I haven't worn Crocs in years, but thought they might be good for around the house.

lucillle thanked Alisande
  • maifleur03
    2 years ago

If ordering Crocs online be aware that both adult and children sizes can have the same number. They also have mens and womens sizing on the same shoe. My latest pair is mens size 4/womens size 6 and both are on the shoe.

lucillle thanked maifleur03
  • Toronto Veterinarian
    2 years ago

I just bought a pair last week, to use for quick runs out to the garage or to take out the garbage. I have a pair that's about 15 years old that I took up to the cottage, and my new pair is because I wanted another pair at home. Great for runs outside or quick trips to the store.

lucillle thanked Toronto Veterinarian
  • Rho Dodendron
    2 years ago

My 1st pair of original crocs wore out. they may be ugly but they are comfortable and safe. I stepped on a thumb tac that never reached my foot due to how thick the croc was. Also my black dressy flats are crocs. They look like patent leather but are much kinder to my feet.

lucillle thanked Rho Dodendron
  • marilyn_c
    2 years ago

Alisande, I noticed that. I thought I wore an 8 but they were too big. I think I will go look at the Skechers ones at a department store and see what size I wear, and if they are very much cheaper on eBay, I will order them there. They have some cute ones that look like splashed on paint. Also the bottoms of the Skechers ones look more built up and so probably more support and comfort than the knock offs.

• wcjo
    2 years ago

Lucille, I remember trying to get use to the medications, too. Your body will adjust to the metformin fairly quickly and those side effects will taper off. And don't forget to have glucose tablets or juice around in case your have a low event. Hang in there, it gets better :)

lucillle thanked wcjo
  • lily316
    2 years ago

My Crocs are old. I didn't realize they have changed. I just checked mine and my gardening ones are red ones with 5 and 7 on the bottom and green ones with 4 and 6 on the bottom. Both of these are solid. My other ones have holes on them and they are different sizes. The navy ones have 5 and 7 on the bottom but all the others have no numbers. Brown, green and purple. I schlep around in them in the yard and occasionally to Aldi but I mostly wear my Nikes. I don't wear Crocs to an all-day walking event. Those times only Birkenstocks feel comfortable for long periods.

lucillle thanked lily316
  • arkansas girl
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

My sister is a devout croc lover but said that they have changed and she's having trouble finding ones that fit. She said that she used to be able to depend on sizes to fit her the same each time but now the sizing is very inconsistent. Sometimes they are huge and sometimes they are too small. She liked them because she has a wide foot and they were comfortable to her. I have a narrow foot so they don't really fit me very well. I do wear them for a quick step outside to take the dog out or do some yard work. Where we live, the grass is always so wet in the mornings so they are good for keeping your feet dry.

I have a pair of those walmart ones and the pair I have are not comfortable at all. They are very hard, unlike the soft rubber of the croc shoes. Maybe these are just a bum pair or something but do try them out before you buy them because my experience says they are not like crocs at all!

lucillle thanked arkansas girl
  • bragu_DSM 5
    2 years ago

just don't wear them to a dr appointment unless you want an earful.

lucillle thanked bragu_DSM 5
  • PRO
    MDLN
    2 years ago

Crocs used to be de rigueur, worn by many physicians and nurses in different hospital units. When hospitals banned them, due to the holes, staff found alternatives. While Crocs developed styles without holes, they did not recover the popularity. However, many staff still wear them. One advantage, it is very easy to clean blood off and disinfect them. Yes, I used to have at least 6 different colors and loved wearing them.

lucillle thanked MDLN
  • Alisande
    2 years ago

Marilyn, I hope you have better luck in your size on eBay than I had in mine. The only pair of Skechers in a croc style that I found had no holes, was black, and had BOBS lettered across the top. I did a lot better with eBay's selection of Skechers slip-ons and sandals.

• joann_fl
    2 years ago

You need to be careful with crocs, if you have any problems with your feet those little nubs inside can hurt. I found the ones from china are better then other countries. The one's without the holes are too narrow, it best to try them on if possible. The knock offs are fine, I buy the Doggers sometimes but the crocs seem softer. JMO

• H B
    2 years ago

I have several pairs of Crocs and use the older ones (the soft ones) as house shoes with dr. scholls inserts (just the kind to control odor). My newer crocs are definitely made of some kind of firmer material.

lucillle thanked H B
  • lily316
    2 years ago

Since all six pairs of mine are old I have no issues with any of them. The only two that have no holes are the widest though. Many people think they are dorky but my grandson who looks like a J Crew model wears them all the time.

lucillle thanked lily316
  • lucillle
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Son is coming for another visit in a few weeks, so I ordered Little Kids size Crocs for my grand daughter. They even make packages of decorative inserts that kids can plug into the holes on top, I got her a mixed package that has unicorns which she loves and other cute stuff.

• marilyn_c
    2 years ago

I've bought Crocs (brand) on eBay before and they fit okay. I may just end up buying some of the Skechers type f I can find them locally. I hate sending stuff back. Skechers calls theirs "Foamies", I think.

• ci_lantro
    2 years ago

I had a pair years ago. They were OK for a while but my feet decided to not like them. No real support for the foot--I need a lace-up shoe for more support. Also, there was zero traction on the soles. And the slippery factor because wrapping your foot in plastic doesn't allow the sweat to evaporate or get absorbed. Plus the stink.

My husband wears them still. OMG--Stink to the 10th power! Enough to gag a maggot as my mom would say. Even more gross is that the dog licks the footbed. I need a dog that chews & destroys!

And then there is the stupid stuff he (the husband) does while wearing them. Like climbing ladders & even wears them when he goes on the roof. Like, grow a brain cell, please.

lucillle thanked ci_lantro
  • User
    2 years ago

I will never EVER wear the ugly huge Crocs. I think they're horrid. But I do own two pair of flip flops. I was going to post a picture from their site to show you them, but they're now discontinues. Mine have cloth straps that go over the foot and are woven criss-cross style.

lucillle thanked User
  • lucillle
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I will never EVER wear the ugly huge Crocs. I think they're horrid.

One of the things I love about getting older is that I don't worry so much about fashion and care more about comfort.

• Toronto Veterinarian
    2 years ago

"I will never EVER wear the ugly huge Crocs. I think they're horrid. But I do own two pair of flip flops."

And I'll never wear flip-flops; I think they're ugly and uncomfortable, so to each their own! Actually, many flip-flops look great on their own, but they all look ugly, in my opinion, when they're being worn and walked in. All that flipping and flopping.....ugh!

"& even wears them when he goes on the roof. Like, grow a brain cell, please."

Good luck with that! Some men don't plan ahead or think of the down-sides to what they do. Have you tried soaking them in hot soapy water?

• maifleur03
    2 years ago

Curious why would you wrap your feet in plastic then blame sweating on any shoe?

I have never been able to wear flip flops because they always cause the skin to peel along with they just do not last. Gave up on them when the last between the toe piece tore out of the sole after someone insisted that it was only the cheap ones that did that.

I keep what I call a good pair which is normally my newest and older pairs. If raining or icy I wear the ones the sole is not worn. After the surface abrades is when they become slippery.

• Alisande
    2 years ago

I'm happy with my Walmart "crocs" for around the house. They're white. They look like bridal shoes . . . if I were marrying Barney Rubble. :-)

• Annegriet
    2 years ago

I wear them to garden and do yard work. Also good for the beach.

lucillle thanked Annegriet
  • ci_lantro
    2 years ago

Curious why would you wrap your feet in plastic then blame sweating on any shoe?

Curious indeed, Maifleur03. Feet sweat for a fact. Eccrine sweat glands are simple, coiled, tubular glands present throughout the body, most numerously on the soles of the feet.

So, it isn't about feet sweating; it is about how footwear manages moisture. Basic science; plastic is a vapor barrier & inhibits the evaporation (absorption) of sweat which is part of how the body sheds excess heat.

As I said, I did try them; just don't work for me. Sweaty feet & did not give my feet the support that they need. So they contributed to my foot pain rather than alleviating it.

Plus, they have earned a place on my S...List because someone in my household wears them & apparently thinks his feet don't stink & that I am lying about how bad they smell. And does stupid stuff while wearing them.

In answer to Toronto Vet's ? Have you tried soaking them in hot soapy water?

uh, no. 2 Meter Rule violation!

Only half of the problem anyway. You want that I should wash his shoes and the source of the stink--his feet, too?

BTW, I did buy him antiperspirant foot spray. But he is too lazy to use it.

Leaving it there. I could say a lot more but no one wants to hear it! :-)

lucillle thanked ci_lantro
  • Toronto Veterinarian
    2 years ago

"uh, no. 2 Meter Rule violation!"

LOL!

• sushipup1
    2 years ago

I just throw the crocs into the washer in a cold water wash with whatever else goes in that load.

lucillle thanked sushipup1
  • JoanMN
    2 years ago

Wearing a pair right now. Only shoes I wear inside.

lucillle thanked JoanMN
  • marilyn_c
    2 years ago

I was in Walmart a couple of days ago, and they were almost out of the Crocs knockoffs. Today they were restocked. For $10 I got these.

• maifleur03
    2 years ago

Your feet sweat in all shoes. The difference is that most you cannot wash. The ones I have had all have some type of ventilation.

cl_lantro does he wash his own clothing? If not what is the different other than the thought? You could have him doing the tossing in.

• Alisande
    2 years ago

Marilyn, those are the ones I returned because they were too big! I think the colors are fun--more fun than the white I ended up with, but those are working out well and I'm glad I bought them. Did you have to go down a size?

• marilyn_c
    2 years ago

Yes. I thought I wore an 8, bit those are 7. They fit fine. Glad I bought them local where I could try them on.

• User
    2 years ago

"One of the things I love about getting older is that I don't worry so much about fashion and care more about comfort"

I always try to look my best when outside and you can get style AND comfort. I'm super picky about what I put on my feet. I wear running shoes at work. They MUST be solid black, including the sole. I've gone to literally 50 different stores to find the pair *I* want. If there is pink on them: no. If there is white on them: no. Why do they put fluorescent colours on them? I find black makes my feet appear smaller than they are (I'm a size 8-9 depending on the manufacturer). Sandals (which my flip flops are classified as), must be light and strappy not those cheap $2 Walmart plastic things. No matter how old I am, I still want to look my best in public. And you can get both style and comfort but you have to be patient getting the two together.

lucillle thanked User
  • Toronto Veterinarian
    2 years ago

"And you can get both style and comfort but you have to be patient getting the two together."

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. If you've got "average" feet, no knee/hip/back problems, a personal sense of style that matches the current fashions, and you live in a location with lots of options - then you probably can. If money isn't a problem. If that's you, great! Your experiences and choices do not invalidate others' experience and choices.

• joann_fl
    2 years ago

ci_lantro If you have "stinky" crocs, bury them in cat litter for a few days. It will take all the stink out!

• lucillle
    Original Author
    2 years ago

No matter how old I am, I still want to look my best in public.

You are making a subjective judgment that black rtunning shoes are more stylish than, let's say, a colorful pair of Crocs. I think opinions may vary. You are absolutely entitled to yours.

I think an interest in others, a helping hand, a smile of encouragement are all attractive, in public. I might go so far as to surmise that people might notice those qualities before noticing how one's feet are clad, and that grouchy curmudgeons will not save their total effect no matter what they wear.

• User
    2 years ago

Toronto Veterinarian said, ", a personal sense of style that matches the current fashions, and you live in a location with lots of options - then you probably can" I think you're in Toronto, hence your name ??? So you probably have more options than I do in Calgary. ;) Being cheeky here.... Money is a problem: I work retail, I'm not making much $$ but I do believe in "you get what you pay for" when it comes to clothing. My feet are very wide and short for my height. So I wear men's running shoes. Don't even get me started on women's dress shoes. They just don't make them for my feet, I literally have to squish my feet in them when I wear a dress and when we go to a wedding, I'll kick them off under the table and only put them back on to walk to a washroom, or whatever. I seriously have hunted for MONTHS to find the right running shoes for my feet. MONTHS and I have planters fasciitis and having been off work for 4 1/2 months, I was hoping my feet would be a lot better, but OMG, I almost fell flat on my face last night when I stood up after sitting for an hour when I got home from work, having worked 8 hours on my feet. I drenched my feet in a rx strength muscle relaxer cream and it helped "some". And I am only speaking for myself so I am not invalidating anyones experience or choices, just as those who want to wear ugly crocks don't invalidate my experience or choices. Have a good day.

lucillle thanked User
  • Toronto Veterinarian
    2 years ago

"I think you're in Toronto, hence your name ??? So you probably have more options than I do in Calgary."

Except I wasn't talking about me, I was talking about things to consider when telling other people what they should do. Other people who live different lives than you do.

"And I am only speaking for myself so I am not invalidating anyones experience or choices,"

Yeah, you are. You probably don't see it and think you're telling people that they can have whatever they want if they're patient isn't doing that, but it is. If you want to speak for yourself, then speak for yourself and don't make blanket statements about what other people can do.

Oh, and you can also stop implying that other people's negative comments about your choices are because they're being cheap (like $2 Walmart sandals) or lazy (like not being patient or looking hard enough to find style and comfort in one package).

Just own it. You're insulted that others disagree with you (by liking Crocs) and so feel the need to point out how much better (more comfortable and attractive) your choices are.

• PRO
    MDLN
    2 years ago

"wear ugly crocks"

I don't think crocs are ugly.

lucillle thanked MDLN
  • Alisande
    2 years ago

It's all about individual taste. I don't think crocs are ugly either--they serve a purpose, and therein lies their attractiveness (for me, anyway).

I once heard Birkenstock sandals described as "effective birth control," and I thought that was a pretty good description. :-)

• marilyn_c
    2 years ago

I don't necessarily disagree that they are ugly, but I also agree with comfort being the main reason I wear them. My feet are like duck feet. Almost square, they are so wide, and Crocs are easy to slip on in the house when I have to get up for some reason during the night, and outside, I do a lot of walking. They are comfortable for me. I really like this new pair. They seem to have a better fit than others I have bought. I am going to buy another pair when I go back. The only problem I have with them, when the tread wears down, they are very slippery, especially on concrete or when the ground is wet.

• lucillle
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Have been receiving my Amazon order. Out of 4 ordered, (3 Crocs and one knockoff) all ordered in the same size, only one (a Croc) fit exactly. But that 1 is soooo comfy!!!

• sjerin
    2 years ago

Cool-looking shoes, Mdln!

lucillle thanked sjerin
  • Annegriet
    2 years ago
    lucillle thanked Annegriet
  • eccentric
    2 years ago

I have very high arches and am also a size 9 1/2. I have had 3 pairs of Crocs, neither made in Canada or the U.S. The nubblies on the bottom wore off quickly due to my high arches and I absolutely have to try on anything that I buy whether clothing or shoes. Of the 3 pairs of Crocs I did buy not one was the same size as the other and all were made in different countries. Hence I do not buy Crocs any longer. My husband and his siblings all have flat feet and still have their original pairs - made in Canada.

Debby, we don't have as much of variety in Toronto as you might think - especially compared to the U.S. which seems to have everything. Forget ordering anything from there!

lucillle thanked eccentric