SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cathy_ho9324885

where should I end the wainscoting in my entryway

Cathy HN
2 years ago

Hi all, the entryway I have is in need of something…I was originally hoping to replace the tile but alas, it does not look like that will happen. I was thinking some almost half wall 32” high wainscoting would make the area more elegant and formal but am having a hard time deciding which walls should have it and where I should end it.

I was originally only going to do the areas which I marked in yellow (the one in red is the other side of the standalone closet)and end it at the wraparound corners.

I’m worried that ending it where where the hallway ends might look choppy and that I should just do the hallway as well…originally, I also figured it would be fine to leave the standalone closet as is, without wainscoting, but I’ve had someone else tell me I should do it as well…The issue seems to be that if I do the entire four walls of the standalone closet then the panels will spill over into the open concept dining room area and I worry that it will look random. Given that the dining is in an open concept area, I didn’t want to do wainscoting of the opposite wall as it goes the whole length from kitchen to lithe sitting area.

I’ve also narrowed the panelling down to these 3 styles and would love some input on what might look best. I should mention that I have 8ft ceilings.

Comments (13)