SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
terryk949

Countertop Dilemma Master Bedroom

3 years ago

When we redid our Master Bath three years ago, we chose dark cabinets with the quartz countertop in vanilla with slight veining. Fast forward three years and we are installing a media cabinet in the Master Bedroom. We chose white for that cabinet with shelves in the dark wood of the bath cabinets. We were planning to use the remaining slab of quartz for the countertop; however, the possible layouts are not optimum and the fabricator would like us to sign a waiver if we decide to go with option 2. The explanation is that cuts for the bump could end up with chipping in some areas. Oh, and in the span of three years the quartz we chose has been discontinued so purchasing another slab is not an option.

What are our options?

1) Go with option 1 of the cuts and live with it.

2) Go with option 2 of the cuts, sign the waiver and hope for the best.

3) Husband has one option he likes: use the slab for the middle piece with wood on the right and left sides. I'm not too fond of that one.

4) My latest choice that I like is forget the quartz slab and put down wood in the same color of the shelves (and bath cabinets). The leftover slab can always be used for remodel of the other two bathrooms.

Last picture is the color of bath cabinets.

Comments would be appreciated with this dilemma.

Comments (4)