Houzz Logo Print
paintedpeggies

The front of my house needs help in all areas

Painted Peggies (zone 6a)
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi all!

My home is a 1990 cedar contemporary.

The front needs help in the following ways and I’m having a hard time coming up with appropriate ideas and pulling it together.

landscaping. — When we bought the house you couldn’t even see the front of it because of the overgrown landscaping. We had a lot of it cleared out and left that hedge in the front. I’m not sure if it’s right for our home, but I definitely need some thing there...ideas?

Because it is so early in the spring, you can’t see the hostas yet or the hydrangeas that usually grow there.

Tthe front walkway is pitted concrete and has a lot of potholes in it LOL. What sort of material would look nice and be a good replacement for it?

We are thinking of replacing the front door or painting it. I’m not sure which color to choose.

There is only one front step and for me it seems a little high. Would it make sense to make it two steps? I’m sure that would involve ripping it out and adding new stairs?

I am open to any and all advice and would love if somebody would like to mock some things up for me. Thanks so much I really appreciate everyone’s help on this forum!

Comments (7)