SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sergeantcuff

Help needed to paint old furniture on my old-house front porch

sergeantcuff
13 years ago

Hello. I have some projects I've been putting off forever, and was hoping to get some guidance on the forum.

I have recently acquired an old wicker set that needs painting. I like the color that it is now, but it doesn't look right as it is too close to the color of my house. I am unsure if I want white though. I also need to find new fabric. I sorta like the color that's on there now. My taste is rather great-grannyish but it might be good to break away from that a little. I'd like to keep all other colors on the porch as is, I just want to paint the furniture (Even the ugly air-conditioner has to stay (which isn't turned on too often.)

We practically live on this porch 6 months of the year, usually eating dinner here:

This old table and chairs need painting too. The table top is enamel, so I'll just be painting the chairs and the table legs.

I have better pictures of the house, but this rather strange one is the best I can find at the moment; it gives the idea. I know the screening is ugly (and it needs to be tightened), but my yard is densely planted and very buggy!

{{gwi:322618}}

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Maureen

Comments (27)