SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artemis78

Tell me about your laundry in the kitchen!

artemis78
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We are getting ready to move our laundry from a detached garage into our kitchen. (It's a small house and unfortunately there aren't many other good places to put it inside the house, and after many years, I'm done with walking 30' back and forth in the elements to run laundry!) I've searched the archives, but would love to hear from others who have kitchen laundry (either voluntarily or begrudgingly!) on things you love or hate about your setup and any lessons learned.

Some specific wonderings:

- Side by side or stacked? (We have room for either, and will get the same compact machines regardless so no capacity difference.)

- Does anyone loves their condensation or heat pump dryer? We can vent, but would prefer not to.

- Even if we do side-by-side, we'll have about 2.5 LF of cabinet space left to work with. My instinct is to keep this area utility-focused to have a clean break between areas with and without food, but we currently have a cart of baking items in this space that we will need to figure out a home for. Has anyone successfully mixed laundry with cooking or pantry space?

- Is it worth considering a laundry sink? The kitchen sink is about 5' away and we don't currently have a sink in the garage setup, so it's not clear that one is needed, but wondering if there are uses I'm not thinking of (since we have to run the plumbing lines anyway).

Thank you!

Comments (20)