SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laxsupermom

Tell me about your worst kitchen ever

laxsupermom
15 years ago

Cabinets arrive today and I've been bubbling over with my cabinets are coming, my cabinets are coming glee. My friend Cindy asked, "What's wrong with your kitchen?" and I started in on the litany. My counters are old, burnt, stained laminate, cabs are ugly, dropped ceiling is ridiculous and dirty, can't stand my floors. Cindy lives in a tiny Manhattan apt and says to me, "When your kitchen is a hallway and you have 1 1/2 ft of counter space, you can complain to me"

Oops, I guess it's all relative(although she pays more for her apt than I do for my mortgage and it would sit in my garage w/ room to spare)

But this whole exchange got me thinking about my first kitchen w/ it's coil electric range where only one coil worked and the bizarre space arrangement. There was a 1/2bath squeezed into a corner so that when I was on the one side of the kitchen, I could touch opposite walls at the same time and I don't have an incredible wingspan.

So the question is what was the worst kitchen you've ever lived with and why? And temp kitchens don't count unless they've lasted for more than 6 months.

Comments (18)