SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momrules5831

Is Vaccine Easy to Get in Your Area?

runninginplace
3 years ago

Here in Florida, it's still a terribly frustrating hunger games experience trying to get a shot. Just read in NYT that we're not alone and the logjam in general is with distribution at the state level; most are using only half the vaccines being provided by the government.

So, how is it where you live? My gold standard is a COVID version of the flu shot: you wake up any given morning, decide you want to get a COVID shot and simply stroll into your local pharmacy or ask your dr's office when you can stop by?

Full disclosure: I'm getting a little testy at this point. I feel that TBTB have been and are overselling vaccine availability in a big way. Just because it is being manufactured, at least in my corner of the world nobody is getting vaccinated easily or quickly regardless of eligibility.

I wish the messaging had been that everyone should expect to have vaccinations widely accessible by fall, not spring. Somehow it feels more frustrating to have my hopes built up only to find there's really nothing out there yet. And cynical me says April or May widespread vaccination availability is simply laughable, at least based on what's (not) happened January through March.

I hope to read this soon and feel sheepish-actually that would make me feel GREAT because I'd be reading it as a vaccinated person LOLOL

Comments (141)