SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_smith6227819

Looks like I'll be getting the Pfizer vaccine

Kathsgrdn
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

this Thursday. So, I assumed that the our hospital would be included in the whole state distribution, and the governor didn't mention it as being one of the first recipients. I was a little disappointed. But then last week we got an e-mail at work making me believe our government-run hospital would be getting a separate shipment from the state. I was so happy because our population here and in TN has been hit hard by the virus.

I just got a call to schedule me for the vaccine. I'm assuming they have more than enough for the workers who come in contact with patients and our long-term care patients, and workers with health issues were on the list too. I have asthma and the occupational health nurse always lets me know when the flu shot is available, even though I go to Walgreens instead.

Will let you know how it goes. They've already scheduled the second one too, for next month. I'm so glad, especially since two nurses who work in our dank basement have it/or have symptoms. One's husband just got diagnosed. He is always in our area with no mask, to visit her. He was just there a few days ago. Now she has a fever. Another nurse who works with us to help out when we're short is positive too. Another one swabs our patients for Covid 19.

Comments (18)