SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amanda_penna31

Please help with design issue regarding granite

Mand or Mom
3 years ago

Hi everyone. I am having granite installed on existing cabinets.

Attached are pictures of my very messy house. The plywood and paper represents the dimensions I'd like the granite. Lots going on, please excuse it all. I have a cape style house. Not a big house at all. My kitchen is open in the front to a smaller front living room or "sitting room". We do have a larger family/dining room in the back of the house as well. I originally wanted to do overhang on the side and the front of the little "peninsula" but realized quickly it would be dangerous to have something sticking out into that walkway, so now I'm only doing overhang for me to "perch" while I have coffee. I have two little ones. So now I want it to stick out just slightly (about 2.5 inches) so anything that spills over doesn't go right into that vent, which of course will have a cover on it. I wanted all three corners of the little area sticking out to be radiused 2.5 inches. The fabricator is saying he CANNOT do a 2.5 inch radiused corner on a piece that's only sticking out 2.5 inches. So I don't know what to do now. I don't want a 1 inch radius on a piece that's sticking out from the wall into a walkway. Seems dangerous, plus would be weird that the other two corners are more radiused. He's saying he can radius it more if I make it stick out more, but should I do that? Again, not a large home, and it is in a walkway. You have to walk past this area to get to the only bathroom on the main floor as well as to my bedroom and my toddler's bedroom.

Thank you for any advise!

Comments (6)