SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cabo12219

Please help regarding a new build

We are building a new house, and need your advice on three things.

1. We selected AZT Manhattan polished basketweave mosaic tile (marble with black dots) for our powder room. We unfortunately selected Mapei grout “frost 77”. It is too white, not providing enough contrast. IMHO it should have been darker. What can I do to darken the grout? The cabinet is painted black with galaxy granite counter and white sink.

2. In an extra bath, we have 4x16 white subway tile for the wall in herringbone pattern with mapei grout “warm gray 93”, with AZT luxe white oct w/ black dot tile for the bath and shower floor with mapei grout “avalanche 38”. I’m sure some of you are cringing - the grouts should have matched. What can I do? I feel like I should lighten the wall grout and darken the floor grout.

3. Our kitchen has 13’ x 5 1/2’ island with three pendant lights. They’ve already placed the pendants, and they don’t look right to me. They seem too close together and hung too high. How much space should be between them and how low should they hang? And shouldn’t they be centered length-wise and width-wise over the island? The pendant lights are P2326-134, 16 1/2” wide.

Please help! I am disappointed and worried about our new house. I’ve attached pictures. Thank you!

Comments (35)