SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_70846962

Please help me with design of living room / dining room

Maksim K
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Dear Houzzz users!

I recently bought a house and immediately began some fixing projects. For example changed flooring and painted second floor.

Now the second floor is done I began work on the first floor. First I wanted to paint it same color up second floor (Polar Bear white color, which I really love for its simplicity and cleanliness). The reading design posts many articles said pick a neutral color so I picked ivory.

Now omg, I look at ivory and I think why so yellow. In my opinion yellow walls make room look old school and very outdated whereas I really want modern simple clean look.

Can you please give me ideas what to do? Can I tone down yellow? Should I just repaint? What would you do in this room? On the picture you see living and dining room. The table in the back is old Ikea table and I will replace it. Sofa in the front was left by previous owner and I will also replace it.

i think floor and windows are ok the way they are but what else can I do? May be ideas like curtains?

I’m planning to put TV on the wall between windows. What else would you change here? Light fixture? Please help me!

Comments (3)