Wow - I got my user name back! Now I want to post photos

seagrass_gw Cape Cod

Can someone help me learn to put pictures on GW??

SaveComment9Like3
Comments (9)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
HU-753479426

I tried to copy and paste a funny picture to put in Sleevendog's food funnies but it doesn't work that way. I also recently learned how to download photos from my digital camera onto my MacBook desktop. Help!!

seagrass

Save    
HU-753479426

Ha - I guess my success with identity was short-lived...

seagrass

1 Like Save    
plllog

Oh, no! Seagrass, come back! I don't understand why they won't let you just put your name in. Maybe you could put another name, that isn't the Houzz number, and sit with it for a day or two, and if it sticks, try to Seagrass again?

I can help you with the pictures.

Basically, if you have a picture in your computer or other device, you can use the "Photo" button, and browse your photos, find the right one, select it and have it upload automatically. In a mobile device, you have to save to your photos an internet picture or take a screen shot of it, then upload it the same way. On a computer you can sometimes paste the URL into the photo upload dialog box where the name of the photo goes, and it'll sort of temporarily save to your computer and upload it automatically, which saves you having to save it first. Some websites don't want you using their pictures this way and prevent it for working off their URL. Don't do any of this with pictures you're unsure if. Nasty stuff can hide in pictures. Taking a screen shot, trimming and saving it is safer.

If you need more specific help, just ask.

Save    
sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)

Did you change your name slightly? (I can't remember what it was exactly)

When you open your photo file, does it look a bit like mine? I tap on a pic, then move it to my desktop. I then tap on the #line under the pic. The color will change...then hit delete on your keyboard and you can the label your pic. And date it if you want.

Shrink your open pages a bit so some desktop area is exposed.

When I hit the 'photo' icon right below, I can find the pic easily since it is labeled.

I do it this way so I can file the pics right away in a labeled folder.

Save    

Quick questions. Were you able to post pics in the past?

Do you know how to 'screen grab' ?

...or is this a new journey?

A few tutorials on the web and Ytube that are very clear.

An FYI. A new forum set up for plant breeders has been a pain for me to navigate.

Save    
HU-753479426

This is a new journey for me. DH is helping but is not familiar with GW forums, he posts on FB. I don't use a smart phone. I have a MacBook Air, and a Panasonic LUMIX digital camera that I love. Folders and files are a mystery to me but I'm learning.

Regarding my name, Houzz recognizes "seagrass_gw" but then won't let me sign in, so I changed my name to seagrass_gw Cape Cod and began this post. But now I'm HU- long number again.

Thanks for helping. I'll practice and see what I can do. I took pictures of a sheet pan supper last night hoping to post it on the WFD thread.

seagrass

Save    
plllog

Okay, do you know how to get pictures out of your camera and into your MacBook?

Save    

Her pictures have been loaded. I just lost my basic tutorial. I'm not a good teacher. Fine and great in person....bummer

Save    
olychick

seagrass, have you tried a different browser for all your log on problems? I'm guess you have, but sometimes, especially with Firefox, I just give up and go to chrome or safari for some sites/tasks.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Fun Houzz Everything I Need to Know About Decorating I Learned from Downton Abbey
Mind your manors with these 10 decorating tips from the PBS series, returning on January 5
Full Story
Inside Houzz Inside Houzz: Updates to the Houzz App for iPhone and iPad
By Houzz
With a redesign and new features, the Houzz app is better than ever
Full Story
Laundry Rooms Where Can I Hide My Laundry Area?
It’s a case of now you see it, now you don’t with these 10 clever ways of fitting in a laundry zone
Full Story
Loudoun Interiors is not always about starting with a blank slate or purchasing everything new....it's also about... Read More
oe Morgado has over 30 years of well-rounded construction and masonry experience. He brings authentic artisan... Read More