SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ncgardengirl_gw

UPDATE: WoW Thanks! I wanted That! # 10

ncgardengirl
15 years ago

New Wanted Swap! You will look at members who sign up for this swap list, then choose items from their list to send them. Please make sure it is on someones want list, ALTHOUGH extras can be sent in and be given at random. The plan is to have seeds sent in from your want list, I can not predict how many will come for you. So if you send in 150 then you may only get 60 sent in for you. IF there are enough extras sent in I will make it up, if not I may not be able to cover you. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS, my stash IS limited at the moment. Remember, this is based on the packets sent in to you, although I would like for it to be fair I have no control over who sends to whom, OR how many extras may be sent in.

1. There will be no limit on the amount of seeds you send in. However, they must be marked with the person they are for, either by a number they will be matched too OR their GW name, extras that maybe included could be placed in a zip baggie with EXTRAS listed on it. This will be used to fill in any gaps there maybe in make-up returns. IF you do not want the number you send in returned to you then PLEASE let me know in your package.

2. You will get the seeds sent in to you UNLESS there are 5 packs of the same thing THEN they will go in a duplicate bowl and distributed among everyone.

3. You will have until Jan. 31 to sign up and the envies must be sent to me by Feb. 20 this will give everyone time to update their list.

4. YOU MUST HAVE A WANT LIST!!!! IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU HAVE ON YOUR HAVE LIST BUT THE WANT LIST IS A MUST! Otherwise no one will know WHAT to send you! IF YOU PLAN TO SIGN UP PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE YOUR WANT LISTÂyou will have time to update BEFORE sending but PLEASE at least have something for us to look at.

5. This will be for packets received only, I will Âtry to match your returns with the number you send in, HOWEVER, I have no control over the number actually sent so you may only have a few packets sent to you, which will be available for return. UNDERSTAND THIS IS A ÂGIFT TO OTHERS SWAP.

6. Please send in a bubble envy with enough postage to send back to you. If it cost you 4 stamps to send to me then please include at least 4 stamps back. MY POST OFFICE IS ONE THAT TENDS TO OVERCHARGE HOWEVER (irks me too!) But I will handle that I guess.

7. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU SEND IN TO ME BY FEB. 20th I plan to have these back to you by March 7 before then IF everyone sends in on time. BUT I would really like to have them back to you no later then the first week of MARCH. MAKE SURE YOU UPDATE YOUR LIST AFTER YOU RECIEVE FROM ANY OTHER SWAPS YOU ARE IN UNLESS YOU WANT DUPLICATES OF WHAT YOU ALREADY RECEIVED.

8. HAVE FUN!!! If you have a specific question you may ask it here.

9. Limited or HARD to come by seeds may be a lower number, but if you have plenty of something please include a good amount just in case some have trouble starting seeds. Large seeds of course 15 to 25 would be ok, like bean seeds. OK?!

Also this will give you some time to get some things Winter Sown and maybe you can share some of what you might have left over and it will allow you to receive some more last minute wants in time to STILL winter sow them!!!

OK, marking seeds for the person they are intended for, you can either tape them to an index card and list the seeds such as:

1. Dianthus "Siberian Blues"

2. Aquilegia/Columbine ÂRuby PortÂ

OR you can type them to a sheet of paper with your list

OR you can simple place them in a baggie with a list and name of whom they are for.

OK, I think I have covered a lot, I hope! Please sign up! Thanks, I look forward to hosting for you!

---------------------------------------Original Post ABOVE---------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------Added Swap info BELOW---------------------------------------------

NOTE: When your mail you bubble mailer to me, you also need to include an address label for returning to you and a list of what you sent in so I can make sure NOT to resend your seeds back to you if there are any extras to send back to anyone.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WILL BE UPDATING AFTER RECEIVING SWAP PACKAGES PLEASE POST ON THE THREAD WHEN YOU HAVE UPDATED SO THAT WE WILL KNOW TO GO LOOK AT YOUR TRADE PAGES AGAIN BEFORE MAILING OUT...THANK YOU

REMEMBER GET YOUR TRADE PAGES STARTED IF THEY ARE BLANK, and those of us who are in the other swaps we will be updating a little later so let's try to wait and send in until we can check those members list.

Those of us who are in other swaps will POST TRADE PAGE UPDATED when we change our info!

NOTE: No one needs to start sending out until around the 7 or 8 of Feb, that way this will give them time to look at those of us list that have been updated from the other swaps.

SO PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR LIST ARE UPDATED AS SOON AS YOU CAN GET THEM DONE BEFORE MAIL OUTS STARTS!!!! IF you don't mind getting doubles of something you already received then PLEASE leave it listed as a want!

I will do my best to make sure you get as many back as you send in. ALSO if you want all flowers or all veggies or a mix then make sure I know this too so I can send you back what you are really wanting.

I would have my trade page updated by no later then Feb 10. This still gives everyone time to check your list and mail to me. I would like to be able to mail your envies back to you by the last week of Feb. IF some of you will be a little late sending to me this is ok, BUT I would really like to get them back to you by the 1 first week of March.

I want to add that anyone can add to their list as much as they like. It was suggested in the other swap group (as suggested by agirlsgirl, Thank you dear great idea btw) to post the date you newly updated like if you added Carrots: Purple Dragon and Carrots: Thumbelina and Artichoke: Globe you would post your update like this:

01/13/09

Artichoke: Globe

Carrots: Purple Dragon

Carrots: Thumbelina

This makes it easier on those who have already checked your list to find your updated information.

Ok, about marking packs for someone else. I suggested using an index card and writing down the seeds with the persons # number and name on the top BUT this is not mandatory, you can put them in a baggie is you wish like those sandwich baggies that either fold over or zip lock. IF you use the fold over baggies make sure you secure them so that the seeds don't fall out and then you can tape a piece of paper to the baggie with the person name and #number example: #1 NCGardengirl this will let me know who it is for.

Be SURE when you send your seeds in you let me know your GW name and your number assigned to you because I will be going by the number list we have going. It just makes it easier to look at the number then try to hunt a name. Which is the reason I also am asking you to use the number# assigned to each person.

Again, if you have questions PLEASE ask them.

It was suggested to me that we should hold one of these swap more than once a year. Would there be any interest in may having another one? Possibly every four months? Schedule would have to be worked out later. If you think you might be interested in something like this please EMAIL me about it.

Ok, in this swap Everyone WILL get what is sent in for them UNLESS:

1. They remove it from their list AFTER it was mailed in.

2. Say I have Mexican Flame Vine on my list 5 ppl send me 10 seeds each of this plant... I DON'T need that many and 3 other ppl asked for it and no one sent any in for them I will allot at least 1 pack each to the others and MAYBE keep 2 for myself. IF however someone should receive 5 packs of the same thing I will dole out 2 packs to them and put the rest in a extras bowl to give to whoever MIGHT like them.

OR I will be posting games and use those extras as prizes IF ya'll would like to play games in this thread.

3. If they specifically tell me NO doubles.

REMEMBER you CAN send in extras if you wish, MEANING NOT DEESIGNATED SPECIFICALLY FOR SOMEONE. THOSE will be put in a bowl and given a random like I will come on here and say we have 3 packs of Candy Striped Zinnia the first 3 to GRAB them will get them in there envies. And so the first 3 to request them will find those extras in there envies :).

OK? Any other questions? Just ask!

OK, I had another question asked via email:

Fran, I saw the recent postings about what happens with seeds that are sent in to you.

You said that we would get the seeds that are sent in for us unless it is removed from your wish list after it has been sent in. I was wondering about all the postings where people had a surplus of seeds and asked if anybody wanted any of those. People were just replying saying "yes, I've some some of this and that". In a few cases, private emails have been passed along to see if someone might be interested in seeds that are close to something on their wish list.

Are people supposed to be adding these items to their wish list as they respond to postings or emails saying they'd like those seeds set aside for them? If so, I'd better do that myself, but I don't think people will have been doing that yet (ie my posting for various seeds...I haven't seen anyone update their wish list when they said they'd like those seeds...not sure they're aware they should be doing that).

Make sense?

Let me know your thoughts.

ANSWER TO THIS IS: When you make a post to offer seeds and someone request them YOU as the poster are now resposible for making sure those seeds are marked for that person since this is a special request OR offer then YOU must also put on that pack as per requested offer.

OR something to that effect to let me know these seeds are a special request and MUST go to the intended person.

If you made it through a private email same thing let me know some how these seeds must go to this intended person.

Anyone that has a way to make this easier please feel free to post your method what works for me may not work for someone else but yours might!

Question I have been asked twice now: Is it ok to use or send in Commercial packs? Yes, commercial packs are fine. A lot of mine are commercial packs and I have split them up to share with others, as a matter of fact I have ordered some specific seeds because they were on want list.

My garden was new in 2008 so no seeds really to gather.

I personally don't know anyone who would say NO commercial packs allowed for me, UNLESS they are totally organic and are not sure where the seeds came from. Other then that I would say commercial seeds are fine.

If you are concerned with updating your page in time after you get your swap packages back I have a quick solution: BEFORE you open you package go to your want/have page change window: As you are pulling out your new seeds to see what you have make the changes then, IF you plan on moving them to your haves (which I personally wouldn't I would open note pad or other program and transfer them there, WHY? because might not have enough to share BUT still want a record of new seeds) or you might just want note out beside some or all that you received these seeds AND if doubles of this one are wanted go ahead and note that then too.

YES I KNOW HOW EXCITED YOU WILL BE AND THIS MIGHT SEEM LIKE AND IMPOSSIBLE TASK BECAUSE OF YOUR EXCITEMENT BUT some of us are gonna be posting what we got in return so this will be taking care of two things at once because you will be updating your page AND you can be making your list all at the same time!

Please remember to include:

Return Postage

Return label

Master List if you wish

Please list the person's assigned number on any seeds you have for others as this is the way I identify where the seeds are going, not by the GW name which AS NEEDS TO BE INCLUDED WITH THE CORRECT NUMBER.

NOTE:With the amount of seeds SOME of you already have and I have only been through 4 bags ONLY it looks like you will be getting a nice number back I will appreciate enough postage to cover a comfirmation number. NOT a requirement BUT I don't want to be held responsible for seeds being untrackable once I mail out. I can not afford to cover a DC# myself for all of you, so it would be nice if you could include enough extra postage to cover yours. If the extra postage is not including PLEASE don't get upset if your package happens to get routed to China...

NO I am not saying it will not make it there without the DC#, I am just covering myself. I don't want anyone to think I didn't mail them back...

Thanks so much,

Your Hostess,

:) Fran

01. ncgardengirl-Fran*****

02. medontdo-Michele

03. markcase1964-Mark*****

04. lgslgs-Lynda BOX received

05. misskimmie-Kim

06. conniesc-Connie*****

07. heatherbon-Heather

08. dirtdiggin-Toni***** Mailer received

09. gardeningbingo

10. grolikecrazy-Chris*****

11. douglasls-Lisa

12. beverlysc-Bev Package received x2

13. aphroditelaughs-Ellie

14. sissifriss-Myriah*****

15. chellflower-Chell*****

16. mary_grether-Mary

17. poisondartfrog-Alana*****

18. grovespirit-Iris

19. lindaruzicka-Linda*****

20. angelady-Angela*****

21. dimples31312-Dorothy

22. strmywthr3-Barbi

23. smokymist-Cheryl*****

24. jas_il-Jasmine Mailer received

25. kristlindgren-Kris Received mailer

26. ishareflowers-Lisa*****

27. purpleacres-Tracy***** BIG Mailer Received

28. countrygirl_sc-Gail Received Large Mailer

29. fleethart-Fleety

30. hmacdona-Heather*****

31. echinaceamaniac-Clint

32. lakedallasmary-Mary Mailer received x2

33. diana_lynn-Diana Lynn Received LARGE Mailer

34. smitties-Margo

35. ashle999

36. yotetrapper-Angela*****

37. mcbdz-Pattie

38. graanieb-Bea Extras RECEIVED ALL THANK YOU!!!

39. sassybutterfly_2008-Wendy*****

40. threeshyacres-Jodi*****

41. blue_ivy-Tola

42. ibartoo-Linda

43. jaleeisa-Kathy*****

44. molanic-Molanic Received Box

45. rane_grow-Iris Mailed

46.gardenmom2-Nichol

47. southerncharm1-Kathy SC1

48. kilngod-Tina*****

49. luvgardening2-Nancy*****

50. rbrady-Rhonda*****

51. dessieb-Dessie Mailer received

52. Shanta_5-Shanta Mailer received

Please do not start using THIS thread until # 9 is finished

Link to Wow Thanks! Swap THREAD #9

Here is a link that might be useful: Angela's Compiled Want Lists for All WOW participants
Follow-Up Postings:

RE: UPDATE: WoW Thanks! I wanted That! # 10

• Posted by: mcbdz 8 Louisiana (My Page) on Wed, Feb 18, 09 at 12:01

Angela,
I would like some-Dill, Parsley - Extra Triple Curled, Pumpkin Tree (not an actual pumpkin),Anise Hyssop. Just a little of each would be great. They will be in planters so not much needed. Thanks
37. mcbdz- Patti

re: update: oops!!!

• Posted by: mcbdz 8 Louisiana (My Page) on Wed, Feb 18, 09 at 12:04

Angela, disregard previous post. Don't laugh but, I had 2 windows open so I can post and accidently had one on the #9 thinking it was 10 and a new post. Sorry.LOL That may not make sence but, just disregard. :O)
Pattie

Angela - LOL I haven't been ignoring you, just haven't gotten the emails :) Honest I'm not being stuck up ;) If you want to email me, you'll have to do it in your email program cause GW emails are not coming through to me.

I better check my server settings again as well as Outlook. Don't think anything has been changed there, but you never know :o/

Toni

i use gmail. but since angela told me about all the sending of the fwd's that i do. that it gets me the junk mail. i copy and paste, and i have tons less junk mail, but i used to have LOTS i never checked it, and i'd find gw peoples stuff in there, i still don't have the patience to go back that many pages, usually they'll send again. and then i'll find it in my reg mail. when i did use my yahoo, i had lots of problems. although i do miss my juno, it had actual folders!! i miss that.

Medo - That is so funny! The main reason I use Yahoo is I get all the messages sent to me (mostly), I have actual folders, I can access my mail from any computer, and I can search with a multitude of criteria to find a message quickly. I like gmail, but am not into "labels".

Toni - I'll try emailing you directly then! :-)

Pattie - I am so sorry! I wish I had known! I probably could have sent a few seeds of each of those if I had seen the post earlier. My package is off in the mail sent priority to Fran. She should have it by the 20th deadline. I was really pushing the deadline...

You know, next time I sure hope we all work on our lists even more. I was really surprised when I posted I had some seeds that someone who I couldn't find anything on their want list would say they wanted them! I have a feeling I could have sent in more for those I had little or nothing for, but their lists didn't reflect that they wanted anything that I had!

Blessings,
Angela

I just did a test email to myself - GW said it sent, but it hasn't arrived. I have no filters on my email with my server either. And I get plenty of junk mail...:( I checked my junk box and it's not there either. It's floating around in cyberspace :( and has prolly met up with all those other unreceived GW email lol.

I wonder if I switch to a different email if it would make a difference. I'll have to try it out lol hey it sure won't hurt :)

Wait on me you all, lol
Spring-like weather, hope it lasts. Much more to do out there.
Thank you all for wishing Dillon Happy Birthday, he's made my and his aunt Mary's day just over the phone, lots of stories, yesterday was spent cleaning up in and out, separating seeds of Milkweed vine ( made about 20 pkts),cooking and talking on the phone with my grandson, 10, already, not acting his age sometimes, like graanie,lol

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Angela!!!
Sent you e-mail, hope you have the best of birthdays.
For you all, check these sites, interesting info...

DMarie Time Capsule
Birthday Calculator.com

Fran, delish dinner you've made, imagine these days everyone can use something simple and economical. I've combined leftover roasted chicken and turkey (defrosted and from last night) a while ago, added water, chopped dried onion, seasonings,brown jasmine rice, bit of curried powder etc and nuked it, added l/o asparagus towards the end (can add peas/corn or?)really good, will write the recipe soon. Actually am into all but white sugar for dessert, fruit pusher here, love apple desserts, feel like making pie, with a bit of brown sugar/applesauce.
You think it'd be okay to send you more seeds soon? I'd love to. Mostly Sunshine Tree, Duranta,Milkweed vine and few more Salvias- mostly Coccinea "Lady in Red".

Want to let you know, whatever seed we have extra later on, I'm sending to newbies, ask Bakemom if she'd take more so she can continue sending more seeds to newbies.

First is now, step by step, take care, enjoy-needing to remind myself sometimes, slow down, festina lente.

GB
Bea

Always thankful to you Fran and Angela...and others.

Happy Wednesday everyone ! We've been through a terrible round of storms....under an unusual tornado warning for a bit. Then blue skies...snow tomorrow LOL. Tennessee weather !
Anyway...I've been sick all day, yet working on getting this box packed. It's done, but I want to offer some last minute goodies....
I have 6 packs of seeds from my Hardy Hibiscus Dinnerplate Southern Belle. The picture is of my Hibiscus and it get's huge.
Any takers ?

Cheryl

Cheryl-
I would love to try your hibiscus. Thank you for your offer!
Heather #7

• Posted by: ishareflowers 5 MA. (oemech4@aol.com) on Wed, Feb 18, 09 at 18:25

Cheryl (smokymist)

I'd love a package too! I have a red one but haven't seen a white. Did you grow that from seed?

Lisa

ooopps....

• Posted by: ishareflowers 5 MA. (oemech4@aol.com) on Wed, Feb 18, 09 at 18:27

I'm #26

Thank you!

Hi Cheryl - thanks for the great offer! I would love to try out your Hibiscus!

By the way, I can offer one small packet of Blue Satin Rose of Sharon seed. I bet the two will look great side by side!

Cheryl, I'l love some of those hibiscus seeds. I'm #28

Hibiscus

That would be great blue_ivy !!

Nope I grew this from a small cutting years ago. Right beside it, is a huge Disco Belle Red, only I didn't get seeds from it this year. I have great luck with hardy hisbiscus here. I also have an Old Yeller, and a few others with no names. This white...and the red, were completely dug up and moved two years ago, and the very first year after they were moved, they were this large, so they're very hardy !!

re: update: ooops!

Blue_ivy, I'd love those Blue Satin seeds too! still #28!

Yeap Cheryl, I would like some PLEASE, I am #01 LOL
I hope you feel better. It is no fun being sick none at all.

HEY EVERYBODY!!!

Blue ivy, I would like Blue Satin Rose of Sharon

Cheryl, I would like to try the white one too.

My number is #24
Jasmine

• Posted by: misskimmie z4b Central NY (kim@mpgfilms.com) on Wed, Feb 18, 09 at 19:07

Lovely, I lost my hibiscus a few years ago. May I have a pk.

kim #5

Hi Cheryl, I would love to have some of your white hibiscus if you still have some seeds and Blue Ivy if you still have some blue satin rose of sharon, I would love to have some. Thanks so much, Linda

• Posted by: conniesc 5 (cschlimm@neo.rr.com) on Wed, Feb 18, 09 at 19:22

I would love to try the blue satin rose of sharon if there is any left

connie # 6

Sorry, I wish I could fill all the Blue ROS requests but I just have a little seed from trade. A little seed, and so far, one happy little newborn seedling - yay!

While I am at it, I also have small amounts of the following, mostly from trades:

Celosia Purple Flamingo
Perilla Shiso
Lemon Basil
Evening Primrose  yellow
Sweet William
Unknown Cleome
Mixed Hollyhock
Liatris
Mixed Morning Glory

Oh yes, also, I accidentally dumped a bit of flax seed onto the floor, and thought there is a good chance it is plant-able even if it is no longer food quality. My guess is prairie flax, no guarantees.

I would like to reserve the right to give preference to those for whom I have very little! In future years, I will no doubt have more to share. A lot of the "named" seeds I have were packaged up for your goodie bags!

blue_ivy, I would love the Celosia Purple Flamingo. still #28...

Fran
I will mailing my package out on Friday morning. Thanks
Myriah

If there is any left, I would love the white hibiscus. Thanks.

Hibiscus

I have packs for these people...

Heather #7

#26 ishareflowers

blue_ivy

#28 country_girl

#01 ncgardengirl

jas_il #24

#5 misskimmie

gardenmom2

ibartoo

oops

Sorry, my number is 46. Thanks

• Posted by: ishareflowers 5 MA. (oemech4@aol.com) on Wed, Feb 18, 09 at 21:14

Blue ivy,

If theres any left I'd like the flamingo feathers, they are on my wants list.

Thanks
Lisa #26

RE: UPDATE: Received

01. ncgardengirl-Fran Working hard:)
02. medontdo-Michele
03. markcase1964-Mark***** Received Mailer
04. lgslgs-Lynda BOX received
05. misskimmie-Kim
06. conniesc-Connie*****
07. heatherbon-Heather
08. dirtdiggin-Toni***** Received Mailer
09. gardeningbingo
11. douglasls-Lisa Received Mailer
16. mary_grether-Mary
17. poisondartfrog-Alana*****
18. grovespirit-Iris
19. lindaruzicka-Linda*****
20. angelady-Angela*****
21. dimples31312-Dorothy
22. strmywthr3-Barbi
29. fleethart-Fleety
30. hmacdona-Heather***** Recieved Mailer
34. smitties-Margo
35. ashle999
37. mcbdz-Pattie
41. blue_ivy-Tola Received Mailer
42. ibartoo-Linda
43. jaleeisa-Kathy*****
46.gardenmom2-Nichol
48. kilngod-Tina*****
50. rbrady-Rhonda*****

WOW Lisa-douglasls YOU and MARK made your packages SCREAM....lol they where absolutely STUFFED!

OK, I am sure I have everyone list whom I have received from.
Thought I would post and update BEFORE I forget again. Now I am going back to sort seeds...
But you didn't know looking at seeds packets all day makes your eyes hurt did you? I THINK they're actually SORE!
HEHEHE...ok, going back to sort.

Angela hon, you didn't have to send priority, I feel bad knowing you did!
No one else has to do that..PLEASE just mail them, UNLESS it is CHEAPER to mail priority, OK?

Lisa,

Of course I will be happy to give you some celosia! I am not sure, but celosia "Flamingo Feather" may be slightly different from celosia "Purple Flamingo." I am far from certain, but I think when I have seen pictures of "Flamingo Feather," it is much lighter, pinker, than what I will be sending you. The shape is the same. I hope you like it just as much in any case!

Fran,

Glad you got it and hope I used a large enough envelope! I had something for everyone. It took some doing, but got it!

Let me know if there isn't enough postage for a return trip.

Mark

Happy Birthday Angela. :)

To the birthday girl

Happy Birthday Angela !!!!

Happy Birhday Angela>

I finally got my envelope in the mail. I kept adding things. It feels good to have it wrapped up. I forgot to count how many seed packs I was sending, but I had stuff for the majority of folks, which made me quite happy.

Awwww... THANK YOU, EVERYONE! I really feel special today and ALL MONTH because of you awesome GW friends!

Fran - You know, as it turned out, I mailed it as a parcel. I am not sure how I calculated my postage wrong. I thought it would be $4.95 for priority and about the same for parcel, so why send priority? Well, long story short, it was more than that sending as parcel and way more to send priority... SO, I DID end up mailing parcel because of the price difference. I'm glad to see you're okay with that!

Blessings,
Angela

Happy, Happy, Angela! I'm late, I know. Hope it was great!

Fran--Don't take this the wrong way, but ARE YOU NUTS? Did I just see that you're initiating another major swap already? Perhaps I'm wrong. I MUST be wrong. If I'm not, all I can say is, God help you, you wonderfully insane woman! :D

ya know, i hear about woman like Fran, who must keep busy!! LOL i'll bet she has another one going just befor that one'd end too!! LOL how many little one's ya have at home Fran?? i bet when ya did have little one's at home ya were really busy!! **onery grinn** ya know, i have to put them ** ** in there, because i don't say things right, and if i don't put them in there, awwww man, they can really be misconstrued!! LOL
man, 100 for 100 i don't see how ya'll could get to 50 even, i'd be just crazy!! wait, wait ya know, to hear hubs, he'd say i already am!! **grinn** this weekend we are going to finish up on ours, talla picked out something for your fairies, she said you had a special one and she needed some special flowers. LOL "OKAY" anyhow she saw it at the garden show LOL Hugz ~Medo

Blue Ivy,

If possible, may I have the Shiso/Perilla?

Thanks,

Nancy~#49

Happy B-Day Angela, may God bless you and yours!

Cheryl-
I would love to try your white hibiscus. Thank you for your offer! #10 Chris

Blue_ivy, I'd love those Blue Satin seeds too! I guess am too late, it's ok.I'd love some
Celosia Purple Flamingo
Perilla Shiso
Lemon Basil please.
#10 Chris
Thanks . chris

• Posted by: ishareflowers 5 MA. (oemech4@aol.com) on Thu, Feb 19, 09 at 6:18

Blue ivy,

Thank you, I looked it up and that IS the plant I meant to ask for!

Lisa

Fran, My envie should come today or tomorrow, Have fun! Are you trying to pack for this swap too? If so, you must be going nuts.

I'm afraid that I might have missed something someone asked for! If I did, I'm sorry. I can't sit for too long so I was writing it down on paper and then going back and packing them.

Have a great day everyone!
Lisa

My package was dropped off at the post office this morning. I hope it arrives safely. it was packed fairly tight!

Barbi

Fran, you should be quite busy toda after the mail arrives. LOL I think there were several of us that mailed Tuesday so you willget them today and tomorrow. Good Luck, and take lots of breaks. I hope mine is easy for you to sort out. ust want you to know I/we are thinking of you while you sort for us.

Thanks for hosting my first HUGE swap.

Nichol

(Oh, yeah, I am home today, we had just enough snow this am to coat the roads and it turned to ice, so no school. YaY today, bad in May/June when we have to make up 2 weeks now. UUGGHH.) Oh well, after I am lazy for a little while, plan to winter sow, send emails of pkg.s received and hit the rate and review forum. See-my lazy day just got VERY busy ! LOL )

G'morning everyone,
I finished up the seeds that came in yesterday. So I need to get some things winter sown. I have been so busy with this swap so far I haven't been able to get a WHOLE lot of snything else done.
Everyone keeps saying take a break, I can't I want to make sure I get them sorted as soon as I can so I can return them to all of you. I don't want to get behind on that because THEN I would never catch up and I would REALLY be stressing then lol.
It would be nice if I had a helper, I tried to wrangle in the SO's kiddo last night, he said 'I don't know HOW your sorting them, don't want you to YELL at me'...hehe, I said 'BY NUMBER' he looked at me and just simply said 'NO!' LOL, geeze you would think I was the wicked witch of the south or something!

Greetings Angela, I wish her a happy bday in the Bday Card Swap, I know she saw it there so I didn't post it her. SHE knows I am sure I was hoping she enjoyed it. :) I want to thank you again for your help with this swap, the website really comes in handy that search thing is neat! It does help when I am not sure about something.

MARK! THANK YOU, you are so nice! I appreicate what you gifted me! OH BTW you sent something in for Nancy #49 it isn't mark? Would you happen to have a clue? If you do and can tell me what it is I can write it on the packet.

YES, I KNOW I am going to get bombarded with packages in the next couple of days, not quite 1/2 has already came in. IF everyone labeled and packed the way I asked it will not take too to long to sort them.

Iris, I see I haven't fixed the 'MAILED' status I will do it right now on my master so it will be correct at the nexr up date. Which SHOULD be today :)

OK, well I have rambled on enough, it is cold here today.
Umm, WHEN is spring again MARK??? lol.

• Posted by: yotetrapper (riverat@hcil.net) on Thu, Feb 19, 09 at 12:41

Eek, I was pc-less for 2 days. A freak after midnight lightening storm fried my modem. But I'm back now and just letting ya'll know my package went out on Tuesday.

Wow, sorry everyone is having so many weather problems! Knocking out puter and power left and right.
It stormed a little here last night, a little thunder LOTS of lightening, it was BRIGHT and like the WHOLE sky would light up, not the streaking type either but like sheets across the sky.
PRETTY but kind of spooky weird too! I went to the door to let my doggie out and just watched it, gave me the freaks...lol so I told her she better HURRAY, mama was going back in the house!

Man it is too cold outside to do anything, I haven't even went out and looked at my sprouts for a days! I can NOT stand cold! Don't like it too too hot either, but cold I just can't seem to warm up from that.

MISSKIMMIE, will you email me again? I have something I want to ask you about. :)

OK done rambling for the moment!!!

Happy late B-Day Angelady :) Hope it was a wonderful one for you :)

Toni

Angela (yotetrapper) - I'm sorry you were PC-less for two days. I'm glad you're back online with us! I've had more than my modem fry from lightning. It really is safest to unplug the whole computer, so it doesn't take a chance at being fried. I'm glad you got the modem fixed so quickly.

Blessings,
Angela

Fran, You are welcome. Those formosa lily seeds are from my garden. Hope they do well for you.

Hmmmm.... #49? Not sure. I could have sworn I marked every single thing, but like you said, I packed the envie...

Spring is 31 days and counting.....

Mark

re: mystery seeds from mark

Fran, I think I put out a plea for Cilantro, Garlic & Chinese Chives. Mark told while he was requesting BEANS that he had them for me. So I am sure you can tell if it is either Cilantro or Chives. I will just have to figure it out if it is Chinese or Garlic.

Thanks,

Nancy

31 days and counting?? ohhhhh i cannot wait!! WOO HOOO!!! man, this will be so great!! ~Medo

Never will catch up with you Fran and all, smile.
Glad you got my send, got 2 envy's, right? Btw, can you believe Kim-Kr222, just told me she received my seeds 3 months after they were sent, postmarked Nov 24-08, 3 months!
I'm hoping my baggies, with names and #s, make it easier for you. This time I'll just write on the pkts, since there aren't that many. Let's see who wants these, let me know you all if you want them:

Duranta "Geisha Girl", Fran, Angela?, Michelle#2 (sending Sunshine tree for you), Gail #28, Blue Ivy #21.

Cheryl-Smokymist, beautiful white Hibiscus, have any left?

Dirtdiggin and Kathy, great recipes, need to save them.

Angela, glad your Bday was real special, nothing like good times in real, as much as we make each other feel special here. You're so young!! Well, at my age, everyone is,lol

Fleety, bummer you had trouble cause of the storms, those that come suddenly are the pits, what fried my modem a while back, power surger was off and it didnt matter, have to be unplugged, as Angela said, we know better now, or do we? I still don't always unplug pc at night, did for a while...well from now on will unplug it, good reminder here.

Off to type more recipes....oh Fran, think I already posted my No Salt Seasoning in previous thread, here it's again.

NO SALT SEASONING ("SALT")

Mix preferred ingredients in desired amounts in a shaker jar (with larger holes in the cover/lid) or shake in a closed zip-lock bag. Use alone or with other no salt/seasonings.

3 T onion powder
2-3 T garlic powder
2-3 tsp each black pepper and red pepper (cayenne)
1-2 tsp each chili powder and paprika
1 tsp lemon pepper(salt-free)(or add later- especially to seafood and poultry)
optional: celery seed, thyme, oregano/marjoram

Keep closed in a shaker jar at room/cool temperature.

Be good to your heart.

Bea

YEAA!! Thankyou Bea!! I was hoping you'd post this and I have something I'm about to cook I was looking up seasonings for (well, and also popping on GW!) ! PERFECT!! *rushing to the kitchen :)

~Wendy

Nancy and Fran,

It is either chives or cilantro. I believe I sent a whole pack of cilantro for you and sent the remaining stash of chives. So, it must be chives! Nice detective work.

Mark

OK A BUNCH OF PACKAGES/BOXES ARRIVED TODAY. I have NOT opened them yet. I am working on them one at a time.

01. ncgardengirl-Fran*****
02. medontdo-Michele
03. markcase1964-Mark***** Received
04. lgslgs-Lynda BOX RECIEVED
05. misskimmie-Kim Received BOX
06. conniesc-Connie***** Received Mailer
07. heatherbon-Heather Received BOX (Thanks so much for ALL the gifts!)
08. dirtdiggin-Toni***** Mailer received
09. gardeningbingo
11. douglasls-Lisa
16. mary_grether-Mary
17. poisondartfrog-Alana***** Received Package
18. grovespirit-Iris
19. lindaruzicka-Linda***** Received Mailer
20. angelady-Angela***** Received Package
21. dimples31312-Dorothy
22. strmywthr3-Barbi
29. fleethart-Fleety Received BOX
30. hmacdona-Heather*****
34. smitties-Margo
35. ashle999
37. mcbdz-Pattie Received BOX
41. blue_ivy-Tola
42. ibartoo-Linda
43. jaleeisa-Kathy*****
46.gardenmom2-Nichol
48. kilngod-Tina*****
50. rbrady-Rhonda*****

OKAY I only opened the packages to verify who sent the package, the only one I have had a chance to go through today is #07 heatherbon...WOW she sent me some REALLY neat items AND neat little prizes for a game that will be announced much later. :)

SO if you happened to have included something that I haven't mentioned as of yet please be patient I will. I have just not gotten to your very STUFFED package just yet.

If I were giving out prizes based on your package contents, 07 Heather you would by far win the NEAT prize. Everything had it's on place it was very organized...lol.

Ok, I just wanted to update everyone just in case you checked and saw your package arrived and I had not mentioned it yet. So I thought I would pop in and let everyone KNOW their package had arrived today.

BEA, yes you DID post your recipe for the no salt but I didn't save it...lol.
I will this time I promise!

OK, I am off to the races, no NOT really, I mean sorting...some of the little bags I have are getting REALLY full! TEASE TEASE ASK ME IF YOU PLEASE, YOU WON'T GET AN ANSWER AS TO WHO THE PEOPLE IS!!! hehe

Comments (150)