SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caflowerluver

Remember my post about the $2000 dog dental visit?

caflowerluver
3 years ago

Took Nala in for second opinion on broken tooth to a new vet. Previous vet took about 5 minutes looking at her mouth, the new one spent about 15- 20 minutes. I am timing it by how much time she spent in the exam room and how many other things were done. During the old vet visit they cut her nails, cleaned her ears, put in medication and a full exam in 20 minutes. Today I asked him to just look at the teeth and nothing else.

And guess what - she doesn't have a broken tooth! That was their conclusion after a full exam of her teeth. They said she was very cooperative and let them look. So was it fraud or incompetence at the old vet? Would they have covered it up and pulled any tooth just so they could charge us $2000? Not going back to the old vet. I guess 20 years as a customer buys you nothing. Makes me wonder about all the things they said were wrong with my last dog, Elvira. Were they just padding the billl with all the tests they did? Do I have sucker written across my forehead. Makes me wonder about who you can trust.

Also signed up for the $160 dental cleaning. They have an outfit that comes in once a month that does anesthesia free dental cleanings. I know it doesn't always work with every dog but thought I would give it a try. My old dentist charged $500-$1000 depending on what had to be done plus the cost of anesthesia.

Here is the previous post. How much does your vet charge for dog's tooth extraction? Dog dental charage.

Comments (24)