SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
country_bumpkin_al

Anyone Here Remember Baby Sage? Her Grandmother Posted Here

country_bumpkin_al
15 years ago

I'm just thinking about some of the original KT'ers and wondering whatever happened to them.

I'm trying to think WHO Sage's Grandmother was! Sage passed away not long after she was born. I remember the Grandmother posting a picture of her dress in pink and called it Lady in Pink (or something close). Then when Sage passed away there was a post titled Angel in Pink (or something like that)Anyone here remember? I remember someone came up with the great idea of making a quilt and a lot of the KT'ers made squares for that quilt..then mailed them to someone(?) that was going to put them together and mail it to the Grandma! The quilt never became a reality!:( I'm thinking that Sage's Mommy posted here sometimes too. Beth?

Also, there was a guy that posted here. I think he lived in CA. He posted a lot of recipes. I'm thinking something happened tragic happened to his daughter? Son-in-Law? Can't think of his name!

Who do you wonder about?

Comments (142)

• LorifromUtah
    15 years ago

You are right Patti.
    Thanks for making a deposit in my memory bank!
    LOL
    All I could remember she was left with some big financial obligations.

I remember now when she was living with her daughter.
    I hope AAA is okay now.

Lori

• Cherryfizz
    15 years ago

I think I came to the KT just before Bonnie Granny went into the hospital. She sent me a couple of emails when I used to post about caring for my Mom.
    I remember Jenni taking all the angels you all sent up to the hospital for Bonnie Granny and thought what a wonderful and caring place the KT was.

I really liked Nancy. I loved reading her posts. She would talk about her husbands car and remember how she wanted to plant the tulip bulbs for her son so he would have something in the garden to look at after she died. She planted them all upside down and had to dig them up and replant them. I remember her telling us how she filled the candy jars at the Cancer clinic for those undergoing treatments. She was a special lady.

I remember Marie - she died from a brain tumour. She posted right up to the end. I missed her when she died.

I wanted to join the KT because you were all a "hoot" and I needed some comic relief. Murphy and Kat, Dea, Flamey, Gail from Texas, Lori and others. Marlen and Dottie and their jabs at each other. I loved reading about Jenni's dogs and seeing their pictures. Lori and the Schwan(sp) man.

I remember reading at other boards at one time how shocked I was that some of the posters who posted here as well were so mean spirited towards a few people here just because they were kind to others or needed help. Kt was the only place for me back then.

In my entire life I had never encountered kindness from anyone like I did from the people here. When my Mom only had a few months to live she was sent things to help cheer her up or give her something to look at while confined to her bed. I can't tell you how many times the kindness of Jenni and Steph brought me to tears. Monica, Donnakt, Yaya, Craftyrn, so many others as well. Caroline and everyone involved in my Kitchen shower. You all have a place in my heart.

I loved getting to meet the KTers at our Niagara Falls Get Together. I remember thinking Dances talks just like she posts. LOL We had such a good time and it didn't feel like we were strangers. I miss Kristie - she was at the get together and we never hear from her anymore. I look forward to meeting more KTers.

My brother calls you all "your other family" and it is so true.

LOL Where's my Pinny?

Anne

• Related Discussions

Since there's hardly anyone here anyway, I'll posts pics here.

Q

Comments (24)
    Sherry, my MJP is doing very well. She's still small, and I've had only one bloom from her, but it was lovely. Cream and apricot and pink all washed together. She seems quite healthy and is currently putting out new growth - I think she is just a quiet little aristocrat who doesn't take giant strides, just little dainty steps. Another small rose that I got even later last year is really leaping ahead, and has given two flushes already (only two blooms each flush, though!). But I don't hold that against MJP - they are just different from each other. I am also facing the problem of less sun this year (the trees have grown), so I have been moving them all around for maximum exposure. Also I'm repotting the ones most in need of it, one at a time (I'm not known for my stamina), and this has helped the ones that have been done. In the ground is not an option for me, but it sure sounds like it helps! Your SdEV is exquisite. Laura
    ...See More

Ken NY York...here is the new baby!!!

Q

Comments (13)
    Hi MIke, Thanks for the nice compliments!!! I know that u have as many beautiful Plumeria...are they ready to Bloom? You had said that you had a few inflos showing, so i was wondering if they are ready to put on a show!!! That White Plumeria is a Noid (Meaning no id on this tree...LOL!!! Not a named variety) For those that dont know what a Noid is!! : ) I will be more than happy to send u a cutting of this White if u want one...it seems to have the scent of the "Scentsational", but since it was sold without a tag...i can only guess. You know only a cutting can carry the true name. MIke did mention the great buys that he found at HD (Home Depot) : ) He is very lucky to have found some real beauties!! We even laughed about skipping lunch just to pick up a few more for that price! He really had some great restraint not to bring home a truck load!! LOL Thank you for thinking of me, things are getting better here! I have K up and walking around the house and she seems to have made the turn ... Your thoughts and prayers were greatly appreciated... Many hugs to you and Sissy! Her words of enncourgement were so helpful! Give her a big Hug and Kiss for me!!! Take care Mike, and to everyone else!!! Laura in VB (Virginia Beach) : )
    ...See More

Ft Worth Swap: Post Haves & Wants Here

Q

Comments (110)
    Here's my trades list - check it over and make sure I've got it right! Element - American Wisteria, pothos and clematis for purple coneflower seeds and for helping me with this website! Barefoot - ???? for lunch Cheryl - grape hyacinth for larkspur seeds Liz - pots and confetti lantana cuttings for snapdragon seeds Sylvia - algerian ivy, bat-faced cuphea, alyssum, passion flower for hardy hibiscus seeds, Pride of Barbados seeds, turk's cap, comfrey, shrimp plant Joie - butter and eggs wildflowers for rainlily seeds Ally - dwarf columbine seeds for ginger, vanilla ice sunflower seeds Weenerdog - blue salvia and wild violets for rosemary Sally - grape hyacinth for creeping fig cuttings Fortunegardener - salvia for orange mum and amaryllis organicgardener - White crepe myrtle. *Yarrow, *Violet Althea, *Quaker Lady Iris, *Ferns *for web work. Chickenmom - ???? and butter and eggs for red hot poker and verbena imabirdnut--butter & eggs, BF plants for 4 strawberry begonias & 4 blue katie ruellas Phyllis- Purple alyssum for pink larkspur Joie - Lirope and salvia for Dwarf Maiden Grass, purple Bee Balm MAYBE: Dirtmomma - rain lilies and/or turk's cap for ... ? Dcarpenter - double red hibiscus for elephant ears, shrimp plant or wine cups Alley - I think it would be just fine if you didn't get there until 12:30.
    ...See More

Can't believe I remembered to post here - house dog question

Q

Comments (8)
    You asked what behaviors. I think the dog is female from what dh has said. She barks a lot and for no reason. I think that could be dealt unless the dog is like moms and has supersonic hearing and tears out of the room barking at a sound no one else hears. They have a baby and the dog wakes the baby. One time they were on vacation and took the dog. They have 5 little girls - under the age of 6. Mom got out to go into the store and buy stuff for their rented cabin. The minute she opened the door, the dog was out and running. Straight into the store. Mom freaked and dad had to chase the dog all over the store. It was really funny to hear him tell it, but he was so embarrassed and mad too. It digs, but that happens with dogs. They have a pool and it jumps in and can't get out. We don't have a pool so no problem there. It chews up the kids stuffed animals and pillows, and seems to prefer those over its own toys. The main reason they can't keep it is because it nipped the baby and then knocked her over (she was crawling so not hurt, but still).
    ...See More
  • Cherryfizz
    15 years ago

Ooh, I forgot to mention how when I first came here Glenda made me laugh with her peanut butter and that funny old lady gif that shook her hips and had fumes I think wafting about her. LOL Patti was the first person to welcome me to the KT and made me feel comfortable about posting. Rhonda Ont, I wish you would post more often because you always had good stories to share.

I think Sandy was the first person I did a KT swap with. I remember my brother thinking I was crazy to be sending stuff to a complete stranger. I kept telling him she wasn't a stranger - other KTers went to her house and I had seen pictures. LOL After that he saw that the swaps were legit so he started suggesting things for me to send in other swaps.

Wasn't Flamey's Nectarine the best. I still have pictures that need to be developed of her visit here. Nicole's Mom dropped Necci off at my house. We found out she was a lush during her visit to Stacy's and then she drank her way around North America and part of Europe. LOL

Buzzard too, I wish she would post more often. So many posters have come and gone.

Anne

• Toni S
    15 years ago

What a lot of memories. I loved Dotties stories. She was a fun lady and nice to boot. It's been ten roller coaster years of typing. I hope we can get together again next year.

• FlamingO in AR
    15 years ago

We did have a lot of good times here and a lot of sad and touching ones, too. I got here in time to meet Bonnie Granny and to learn things from her and so many others. I have had so much fun here and I miss a great number of the original posters, and many other posters who have wandered in and then out of our kitchen, whether by death or by choice.

This has always been such a happy place and I miss the days when hardly anyone was ready to jump down your throat- when it felt safer to share the bad times you were having as well as the good, without the fear of someone taking what you're saying and turning it against you. I guess the KT used to feel a little more intimate back in those days.

I think it's so sad to find out that some of the people you were hanging with could lie and cheat to get what they wanted from you, but really, that's the way real life is and it's probably naive to think the internet would be any better. It's just that when you THINK you know someone and then find out you don't, it's disappointing. That's what you get when you open yourself up and put yourself out there- sometimes you get burned, or at least singed.

But one thing is for certain- there is no place around with people that are more generous than the people that frequent the KT. It's a special place, no matter what's happened here in the past.... or maybe it's BECAUSE of what's happened here.

(((((My friends)))))

One thing I really miss- Lori's Cowgirl Chronicles. Remember the stolen truck incident? The cats in the blinds? The Tuffy Needs Expensive Treatment saga? I miss all that stuff. And her sign-offs- those always made me laugh. Same with Dances- those were the days, girls.

• flowerpotmama
    15 years ago

OK, now you've done it Anne. :D

Where's MY pinny? LOL

Can you believe it's been TEN years this month since I first came to the KT? I was planning my wedding. Jason and I had two cats and each other. Now we still have each other and the cats as well as three girls and a dog. I've known all of you longer than my neighbours! LOL

Danielle

• Nita__AZ
    15 years ago

The KT is a wonderful place with great kind, giving people. I have me so many people through my travels and the get togethers. I have stayed at a lot of folks houses and been welcomed with open arms. Bobby had the time of his life on our 7 week trip across the country and back. He got to go fishing with Jen TX's husband and boys. We went to a neat museum with them too. He also got to slide on a cable stretched between two huge trees in their back yard. I know there is a name for it but can't remember right now. He had a blast visiting there. We spent a couple of nights with Duckie and her DH and he got to meet real cowboys. We also stayed at Wanda VA's home where her DH taught him how to shoot an air rifle and make a bow and arrow out of tree branches. Also got to feed the deer and other wild animals at their house. He still wants to go back to Camp Wanda.

On another trip I took Nectarine on a trip around Texas. We along with Gabby and Jerri ate and laughed our way across Texas meeting lots of KTer's along the way and staying in their homes. That sure was fun!!

So many wonderful folks and memories to last a lifetime. I wish I had kept a list of all the people I have met here at the KT. I know it has to be in the 300 range. I have been at the KT for10 years and hope to be here for many more.

• JoanMN
    15 years ago

I remember when I got my first digital camera in 2000, when Emma was born. I was learning how to use it and take pics, and Bonny (Grandma Bonny, CA) would give me tips. I think she had taken some photography courses.

I remember the day I got an email from her and the subject was "Bad News". I remember getting a lump in my throat and telling DH I didn't want to open the email (that was when she told us about Griff having leukemia).

I remember the first time I met Shelba (Buzzard, also called RV Buzzard) in Vegas. We liked each other as much in person as we did online. I remember meeting her husband Ed, talk about a giant teddy bear. I remember how shocked I was when he passed so suddenly.
    We've lost so many good folks, but sure have gained some wonderful memories.

I'm glad Ed and Shelba talked DH and me into stopping to see Dottie in Tulsa on the way back from TX one year, otherwise I never would have gotten to meet her. One just never knows when it's the last chance.

I remember laughing so hard I cried at our Lucy stories. Leslee taking off her skirt, trying on some blue jeans, then strolling up to the cash register in just her slip, forgetting to put her skirt back on.

Remember how we all used our online name, followed by our state and our year of birth at first?

I'm sure glad I found the KT that day back in 1998. Seems like a life-time ago.
    JoanMN

• Happy_Go_Lucky_Gayle
    15 years ago

Vannie, don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I'm lost too!

Gayle

• lisa_fla
    15 years ago

Is Dave-LA still around? I think he posts once every few months.

• cathyid
    15 years ago

Dave is till around, sharing his wonderful photography. KathyLev is also still a regular poster, in a nearby neighborhood. LOL This has been fun,jarring the memory bank. A lot of water under this bridge!

• jenuwin
    15 years ago

Whatever happened to Frieda? I really liked her.
    Can someome elaborate on this "joke" played on Jay? Jay could be brash at times, but she never hurt anyone. Who did this to her?
    John CO showed up at the ktt not long ago, so he is still around.
    Whatever happened to Frieda? I really liked her.
    I remember Sandy, and her friend Leslie both from Ohio. They also used to post at the ktt. I also remember Caroline in Sask. A real straight shooter.

• Jodi_SoCal
    15 years ago

Liz_GA or Audry in NV (mombondo), what was that other message board I visited from time to time many years ago? CC? Audry had a get-together her house that I attended along with a bunch of others. One or two I still see here at the KT every so often like Linda_OH. I don't remember much after the jello shooters. LOL

Jodi-

• iowagirl2006
    15 years ago

I think the "joke" on Jay was boosting her post views on a different forum. Some boards have a spot that shows you how many times your post has been viewed and/or posted to. They would F5 over and over on her posts to refresh the page, thereby boosting her post view count to huge numbers. I don't really know what that accomplished, but it set off a huge firestorm of sorts. I don't really understand some of the stuff that can go on behind the boards sometimes - and I don't really care to understand anymore. It is what it is. There were some places that made entire "secret" boards about bashing what went on here.

The KT has always been a fun place to sit back and enjoy. I know there has been some downs, but loads of UPS!

• janie_ga
    15 years ago

Gosh, I remember most of the topics listed above. I do not remember who welcomed me first but I remember stumbling onto this forum when I was searching for a refrigerator for my first house. Google (or one of the older search engines sent me to the appliance forum). I lurked for a long time- no computer at home then. Finally posted until ti went to pay. I had started school and figured I shouldn't be playing ehre so much so I didn't join- instead I just sent people replies by email, LOL!

Flamey, I am a little slow putting things together or they fall apart soon after they get past my short term memory. I didn't realized Nectarine was yours! LOL Man, her coniving self and Stewie would be a PAIR!!!!

• liz
    15 years ago

i just did a google on "Dogs In Elk"...it's a pretty good read if you've never seen the story...this site is pretty hard to read but you'll get the gist of it and the end has the validity from the owner of the dogs...

Jodi...that was Cafe Chat that Deni from Canada started after Spike banned an entire ISP out of Canada...it started over the death of JFK Jr and Deni started the Cafe Chat to rescue his Canadian friends...That was a great party wasn't it..those Jello Shooters MomBondo fixed were memorable to say the least!! Her son is the one who I drove down to Fort Benning and picked up and delivered him to the airport this summer!

Boy this sure has been a walk down memory lane...I've been on this forum since Sept 12, 1998...the day after Spike opened the place, the KT was still on page one...I was addicted from the get go, have gone to many other forums bu this place will always be what I call home on the WWW.

Have we ever figured out who Baby Sages Grandma is/was?

Here is a link that might be useful: Dogs In Elk

• katclaws_mo
    15 years ago

lorifromutah, I think the condition that AAA has is called Arnold-Chiari. I seem to remember her posting about it.

And, Lisafla....SCORE TICK WANTS.....I've been trying to forget that for years now.....and here you go & bring it up again...LOLOL

• Jodi_SoCal
    15 years ago

Katclaws, yes, AAA has Arnold Chiari Malformation. I know that because I too have it. :-(

SCORE TICK WANTS ... !!! Are you freakin' kidding!?!?!? noooo, not again. LOL

Jodi-

• jenni_ca
    15 years ago

NOOOOO........not SCORE TICK WANTS!!!!!!
    Talk about an ear worm! LOL
    But maybe some of the new people will figure it out!
    I hadn't thought about that for a long time and now it will drive me crazy...again! LOL

• sue_va
    15 years ago

After reading all of the above, I'm remembering a lot of posters that I had forgotten.

I have to admit that when I read a thread, I often don't look to see who posted comments, but after a while I see personality traits coming through, and those are probably the ones I remember best.

One of the most unforgettable was Tahni, but it didn't take long to figure her out.

My memory bank needs a Bail-out!!

Sue

• LorifromUtah
    15 years ago

I came to the Garden Web for the crafts forum early in 98? Maybe late 97?
    I dunno.

One day I thought I was clicking on the 'knitting forum' but go the 'kitchen table' instead. I was hooked. Immediately.

LOL
    I had the hardest time uploading pictures and Bonny Granny was soooo patient with me. I about drove Dave and Tadpole nuts though...

And the salsa mess.
    *sigh*
    All I wanted to do was show off my pretties and what happened? I got accused of manufacturing a weapon of mass destruction. LOL. It took all day but the darn thing finally reached it's limit. It traumatized me! Really. It did.

LOL

Lori

• mamatoad
    15 years ago

Oh,please, don't resurrect that miserable Score Tick Wants!!
    Do you know how many hours of sleep I lost trying to figure that darn thing out????? LOL Bettye/Az

• FlamingO in AR
    15 years ago

Does anyone remember Bizzymom's singing lessons? lol Oh, that was fun times!

Stewie and Nectarine- now there's Trouble with a capital T! Janie, don't tempt me to send her to you for a time out, right now she's planning to stow-away in my car for a girls road trip to FL in January, that little wench. She's even got her own her bag and pillowcase now. The last time she was in FL, I caught her messing with sea turtle eggs and handsome pirates AND she nearly got eaten by a shark. Oy.

• zeetera
    15 years ago

I think I arrived here either in 98 or 99 and I remember a lot of the above, although vaguely. I mainly came here for the comic relief. While I found the Dogs in Elk and Dottie Escapades amusing there were posts here that had me keeled over in laughter and still make me holler.

I remember when Nicole was pregnant with Sophie and she had just moved and contacted her doctor's office. When she got their answering machine she started to tell them her phone number and realized mid sentence that she didn't know it offhand. So she found the number and called back and left the message. After she hung up she realized that she had left them their own number. She called several more times and each time she came back and posted what she had done. I hope she was laughing with us that day because she wrote it up so comical.

Then Glenda. Oh my goodness. She posted a Thanksgiving greeting to everyone and didn't realize that the turkey was giving everyone the middle finger. I didn't catch on til Nikki said, "Ha, a bird flipping the bird." She sincerely didn't realize it and profusely apologized. I had to hang onto the corner of my desk so I wouldn't fall to the floor. Even after opening it again the next day, it was just as funny.

It's still a nice place, but the net itself is not what it used to be and there's much more ignorance out there that makes people more wary and skeptical causing 'over' analyzing.

• wanda_va
    15 years ago

I love this post! It's fun to stroll down Memory Lane with you all. I joined the KT on 9/11/1999, and can't believe how many friends I have made here. Sadly, we have lost some of our terrific ladies, and many others left when KT went to pay. I still keep in touch with some women from the "olden days".

Do you remember the "rabbit shower" we had for Rabbit? Rabbit (Kim) is doing very well these days. Joe has had some physical problems, apparently related to his service in Vietnam. Her son (Jerm) became a Marine. He did a tour in Iraq...and volunteered to go back for a second tour. I haven't communicated with Kim for a while, so I don't know if Jerm is a career Marine. Kim has gone to work, and is very happy! I miss her--she's a terrific lady. I've asked her to come back, but she keeps busy.

• budster
    15 years ago

So many memories here on this thread......so many names that have been here and vanished. I remember Petunia and wonder also what happened to her. And Dolly Dolots.....where is Dolly? I know Miss Lydia 1959 is still around.....so many familar names.....I must check in more often. Budster Queen of Poland

• velleen-2207
    15 years ago

I have enjoyed this post so much. More like old times.Many of the names are familiar and bring back memories. Some things good and some bad. When I first came on One told about her husband needing surgery but needed cash for it. I fell for it. Jenni told me to be careful. So win a few and lose a few. Again I say Vince and I both love Kters. Just keep it going.

• trinitytx
    15 years ago

I remember too, stumbling on the KT while surfing the net. I watched and read closely for a long time, I was hesitant to join anything on the net, just was too odd to me at the time. I did join and not soon after my 20 year old DIL was
    killed in a car accident. A horrible time for the family, and we lost a beautiful person in our lives, I just don't know how I would have gotten through it without the love of my KT friends. You all really didn't know me from adam, but said the nicest things, and helped me through a really bad time. I cannot thank you all enough. I still tears me up just to remember how I felt having people who cared and would talk to me. I am such a private person, and keep all of my feelings bottled up. Since coming here, I have learned that it is ok to let yourself show, and not to keep your feelings inside.
    I loved reading all your memories, and I do remember most of them. D5 really upset me, she was mean, and I am sure still is. We KT'ers have a lot of history together, and I am grateful for the day I was welcomed here.
    I do have some good old links for the KT saved and will post them all....

Trin

Here is a link that might be useful: Funny KT Stories

• Jodi_SoCal
    15 years ago

Who was it that put a basket next to the front door with a sign the read "Leave your axe here" at a KT get-together?

I laughed so hard when I heard about that. It seems some spouses thought our KT cyber-friends were all potential axe murderers. :-)

Jodi-

• trinitytx
    15 years ago

Another KT link

Trin

Here is a link that might be useful: KT recipes

• maryanntx
    15 years ago

Jodi, I think that was Hayjud that had the axe barrel.

• Tally
    15 years ago

This thread has been some major fun.

Hey oldtimers, if you're lurking - post and share your memories!!

Contact your friends and have them come back and tell us what they've been up to.

Give us updates!! Come by and say hello.

• pattico_gw
    15 years ago

Why doesn't someone who remember how "Score Tick Wants" for all the newbies....I'm sure they would enjoy it...or get crazy with it...

patti

• Jodi_SoCal
    15 years ago

You can check Google, Yahoo and AltaVista search engines and nothing comes up for "SCORE TICK WANTS"! You can find *anything* on the internet except "SCORE TICK WANTS"! What's up with that?

• cheekybones
    15 years ago

Wasn't "score tick wants" a word game? There was a list of words that when you said them, sounded like something different (can't think of an example now). The OP had figured out most of them but asked for help with a few. I think we managed all of them except "score tick wants" and apparently no one ever figured that one out.

• pattico_gw
    15 years ago

I'm sorry...I just read what I posted....I sort of changed my train of thought while posting that...and I didn't make much sense.

I meant for someone who remember how it went to post it for the newbies.

patti

• susan_on
    15 years ago

Budster, Dollydolots posted on a thread that was pulled the other day.

• katclaws_mo
    15 years ago

This thread has been so much fun! Oh, the memories!
    One thing I know for sure is that I am truly thankful on this Thanksgiving Eve for the wonderful people here at the KT. Everyone in some way or another has touched the life of someone else.

Here is another link for any newbies that want to know more about our Dear Bonny Granny set up by our own Dear CountryBumpkin with poem contributions by those who loved her. There's a link to Griff's page that RuthieG lovingly set up as well.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bonny Granny Memorial Website

• Nita__AZ
    15 years ago

I have tears running down my cheeks as I read Bonny Grannies website. I can picture Bonnie, JanChamlee, Jamaree, Dottie and Marlen all sitting up there in Heaven looking down on us smiling. I bet they are having one heck of a KT get together.

• teresava
    15 years ago

This thread is great! It is sort of a soap opera-I've often thought I should write in a journal to keep track of everyone!

I was also planning my wedding on the wedding forum when I came to the Kitchen Table. So it's been 8-9 years, since I joined.

Leslee_OH "adopted" me one time after I got married. That was so nice of her.

I've done swaps with Gabbygirl, Sharon from FL and a few others. I've met WandaVA, Nita_az, and Kristie from WI and hung with Nectarine. All were really nice and sweet!

I remember most of these stories, although I didn't know what dogs in elk or score tick wants was back then either. I mainly stay out of the drama, but this is just like real life. Most folks are nice, but there are always a few bad ones lurking in the shadows. They usually show their true colors before too long.

Some of my memories: Glenda was the 1st person here to report what was going on on 9/11. The TV was just starting to cover the story and I got on the computer to see what was the real story. The front pages of MSN, Yahoo etc didn't have anything, but Glenda had a post.

I remember when Jenni had first joined and told us about Steph getting engaged. I think she described it like the Titantic movie (the romantic part, not the death obviously)lol

Kristie-Her family was part of the Hatfield/McCoy feud and they had reunions each year.

Lulie Wayne and her beautiful DD who passed away. She created a website to share Cristin with everyone.

I thought it was Sandy & Dean that had the Axe parking at their get-together.

D5-a name from the past, TT Tadpole Terror and his Red Lobster biscuits, Gabbygirl, Kris from MI, Marlen, Joy's Friday Flings etc etc

And it's funny that whenever I see peanut butter I usually think of Glenda; flamingos I think of flamingo, chocolate covered cherries I think of Judy from AL, Lori and the Schwan's guy.

This is usually the first place I think of when I have a question, want a hug, or need advice!

• Jodi_SoCal
    15 years ago

So, how many here have a roach from Glenda?
    Tiny stuffed mouse from JoMo?

Over the years there have been so many cool offerings from KTers...book covers, pinnies, cell phone purses, scrubbies, Peace lilies, garlic seeds, custom photo note cards, Christmas ornaments, books, parties and friendship.

The KT is truly something to be thankful for.

Jodi-

• Nita__AZ
    15 years ago

Hayjud had the barrel with the ax in it outside her garage at her get together in MN.

I have several things from KTer's including JoMo's famous mouse. I have a over the hill doll from Wanda VA along wiith a beautiful quilt. I have a lovely afghan from Velleen. A stuffed Easter Bunny from MaryAnn and lots of other goodies from friends here at the KT which I accumulated while on my many trips. Lots of wonderful caring, giving people here at the KT.

• nola_in_aus
    15 years ago

What a wonderful trip down memory lane,I remember most of
    these folk. :)
    I was taken in by Tahni also,I sent her some clothes
    for her neice,I never knew the real story until I read these posts.
    AAA made this siggie for me.

• liz
    15 years ago

I can't believe no one has mentioned "Doggie"!!He wasn't around long I think Spike banned him over something...I just remember when his wife came in and posted that he had passed away suddenly...He wrote the most incredible poem...I'll share it with ya...

"Doctor Time"

When we lose a loved one and we're in despair
    Doctor Time is already there
    He's treating us all, we're unaware
    When our loved one is gone and on their way
    Doctor Time helps us move on day to day

He treats the anger, grief and sorrow
    with a medicine he calls "Tomorrow"

As the days, weeks and months go by
    we just look back and wonder why
    Such a beautiful person had to die

But deep inside we feel okay
    We have lived to see another day

He's calmed the anger, grief and sorrow,
    we took the medicine he calls "Tomorrow"

Doctor Time has one thing to say
    Time heals all wounds day by day

I remember he posted this poem to someone's post who had lost a loved one and he died shortly thereafter...

• kitttenn37096
    15 years ago

Wow, y'all have really come up with a bunch of names I had forgotten about. I used to post here eons ago under the name Kittenkaboodles, but since I found out there was a lady running a porn site with than name, I decided to abandon that one.. lol Not a fittin' association for a Born again Southern Baptist... LOL

Anyway, I recall Marlen... she shared some good cuban recipes with me. Also recall Jay98 who I always got along with.. KathyLev too who I am still good friends with at KTT. I recall Lil Rabbitt... She sure was a sweet lady. Many of the others too I recall... Tahni.. Tadpole Terror, Deni and the bunch that left here ... now that board has split as well... so Deni's place is pretty quiet now that all the problem children have left...

And Glenda and I had once tried to meet, but our schedules just never could match up. I did get to meet LizGA and LindaOH...(Linners) Both lovely ladies.

Thanks for the stroll down memory lane...

Kitt

• glenda_al
    15 years ago

FrancEs was the one that got me started on roaches :o)

She sent me peanut butter filled taffy from a shop in Bakersfield, and the package was filled with my first ever experience with GLITTER!

So in return, I sent her husband some fish tasting candy, and a big battery run roach.

That was such fun!

I have, and always will, have hanging on my cloak closet doorknob an Easter bunny that Pink (pat) Lavender sent me over 9 years ago.

• lindaohnowga
    15 years ago

Kitten (Carolyn) hopefully come February Ivan and I can meet with you and Bob again.

This has been such a fitting post to read on this Thanksgiving Eve. I've been a member since the day the KT opened,coming over right away when it was announced on the Crafts and Decorations forum. I remember just about all of the people and happenings that have been listed above. This has indeed been a trip down memory lane....some sad memories for sure, and some hilarious memories as well. I pop in almost daily, but don't get much time to spend. Family, my crafts, and my crafting forums take all of my time.

• dianamo_1
    15 years ago

This has been quite a trip down memory lane! I love this post.

Here is a picture of the infamous DoTTie (with the big TT's) that she sent me. She was quite a character and I miss her a lot..
    {{!gwi}}

I used to have, if I can find it..the doctored picture of her and Kevin Costner together. She had a big crush on him. lol

• kitttenn37096
    15 years ago

That is a wonderful picture of DoTTie... thank you for sharing...

Kitt

• katclaws_mo
    15 years ago

TTT for any visiting past posters & for any newbiews who would like to know about the history & past madness of the KT.

Happy Holiday to All!