SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pooja_suri

Kitchen backsplash dilemma

pooja_suri
3 years ago

We're almost done with our kitchen remodel and will install cabinets and backsplash over the next couple of weeks. I'm torn on how to design the backsplash and would love some advice! I've posted a couple of pics from the online design tool we've used to help visualize the space.

1. I'm getting a Thermador range, which has 15000 BTU back burners. Can a glass tile handle that much heat? Or would you recommend a stainless steel backsplash only behind the stove? Any pointers on where to buy a steel backsplash and how easy it is to maintain/clean?
  2. On the stove side of my kitchen, I've decided against upper cabinets. Instead, I have a tall pantry cabinet, an open hood and a wood open shelf on both sides of the hood. How high should the backsplash go? Till the base of the hood? Till the top of the pantry cabinet (as shown in my picture)? We have a very high ceiling, so all the way to the ceiling is not an option
  3. On the peninsula, we're adding a raised bar counter (behind the sink). Should I have the backsplash end under the cabinet (as in the picture) or wrap around the wall till the door visible in the picture?

Thanks for your help!!!

Comments (6)