SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
isabelle_piche

Buying a land dilemma

3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

First, sorry for my English since it’s not my mother’s tongue.

My husband and I saw 2 lands for sale up a mountain facing North (bummer, but affordable lands are rare to find) with a panoramic view of the lake below. Lands are equal size (45,000sqft) on a slope, same price. We’re looking for the one that will cost less to built on. Here’s the differences between the two:

• Land A has been partially filled with 0/3/4 and ready for foundation. This means that the house would have a basement at ground level.
  • Land B is further away on that same street, but a lot lower (maybe 10-15 feet). Having said that, house would be sitting directly on the rock. Here we could have a basement, but it would imply to dynamite ($$$), so we don’t mind not having a basement; we can built a 2-story house.
  • Land B artesian well is already there.
  • On land A we will have to test the soil and find a solid ground to pour fondation right?
  • On land B, we have NO IDEA what to expect or what to look for. The composition of the rock? Its structure? Will we be able to go down on our land easily? Or we’ll have to build a huge stairway?

Any advice is more than welcome!

Thank you

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths