SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
erin_luke97

first timers— buying land and building home in mtns. where to begin??

Erin Luke
3 years ago

Hey there!

My husband and I are on the hunt for land in Colorado (it’s shocking what this year has done to the inventory and price! But it’s been our dream and we can finally afford it). Anyway, I don’t know where to begin! Architect? Builder? Design build? I know the style of home I want and have even found some a frame kit homes that would fit the bill. But I’m not sure where to begin and who to hire to walk us through this. Obviously there’s a lot that goes into it and mountain land and real estate are very different than city plots and existing homes. I would appreciate any conversation or input you lot may have. Including the financing side of things. This would be our second home but we would open it to short term rentals for a few weeks each month. Thanks so much! Here’s a pic of an a-frame we dig ;) ( interior from M.A.D.I. Home and exterior from Everywhere.) Also I know some prefab/kit jones come with more assistance and hand holding when it comes to building so perhaps that’s the best route?

Comments (3)