Megan Whalen Turner and Disney

rouan

I just heard the news that Disney has optioned The Thief for one of its next projects. I am pleased for Megan but also concerned that they will ruin the story by trying to make it cutesy as they so often do. Fingers crossed that If it goes through, they do it right!

SaveComment6Like
Comments (6)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yoyobon_gw

I did a quick search on The Thief ...... is it the same move released in 1997 ? That seems quite bleak.

Save    
rouan

Yoyobon, no that’s altogether different. This is an adventure/ quest with young Gen being released from the King of Sounis’ prison in order to accompany the king’s Magus on a trip to find an object they (the king and his Magus) believe will confer his right to sovereignty on a neighboring kingdom. It’s a great story and basically sets the scene for the following books (although it can totally be read as a stand-alone, which it was originally written as). This series is in my top 2 of all time favorite series. The other one being LoTR

Save    
sheri_z6

Wow, Rouan, that's high praise. LoTR is my top #1 of all time, as well. I will have to check this out ASAP. Thanks!!

Save     Thanked by rouan
rouan

Sheri, just bear in mind that except for it being an adventure/quest tale, it’s not at all like LotR. 😉

1 Like Save    
sheri_z6

I looked up The Thief on Amazon and was quite surprised to find I had already purchased it back in 2016. I did some digging though the bookcase, found it, and started it last night. It's quite engaging so far, and I think I will like it.

Save     Thanked by rouan
Rosefolly

Fingers crossed that Disney won't mess your favorite book up, Rouan. Yes, they can be very cutesy, but sometimes they are not. Let's hope that will be the case this time.

1 Like Save    
For nearly 20 years Grow Landscapes, Inc. has proven to be a leader in the industry in terms of design,... Read More