SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jyl_gw

Oysters, Let’s Discuss

John Liu
3 years ago

We found a Washington oyster farm that is doing direct to consumer sales. You order then pickup in Vancouver which is just over the river from Portland.

Years ago, an oyster farmer from Netarts Bay, Oregon used to come to my local farmer’s market. His oysters were inexpensive, starting at $0.50 per, and I got used to riding my bike to the market and bringing back a couple dozen oysters every Saturday. Ah, bliss. These Washington oysters are not that affordable, but still pretty affordable.

DD has gotten enthusiastic about oysters so we are ordering a selection. That would be one dozen each of pacific oysters, kusshi oysters, and Kumamoto oysters. Some small, some medium, and some large.

Other than raw, what is your favorite way to prepare oysters? If raw, what is your favorite condiment if any? What wine - or sake - do you pair with oysters?

We are going to consume these all ourselves, because it is too cold to invite anyone to come huddle on our porch and eat oysters; also, we’re pigs. SWMBO is not a fan; yaay, more for us.

Comments (32)