SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
xyzw2020

Bathroom Tiles - decision time, help!

A Green
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I am back again for advices. Rough-ins are in the master bath, we need to make the decision on the tiles, countertop and vanity color. I am overwhelmed by the amount of choices and don't know how to put them together.

Q1: What do you think of the following wall/floor combination?

Shower system & rain shower head (Deltal Vero) and faucets (Delta Trinsic) are all chrome finish.

Wall tile is Mirage's Oxy Royal White, 12X24, nature finish (not sure what's that, stain maybe?). https://mirageusa.net/setting/oxy-ibrido-ox04-p1/

Floor tile is TileBar's Basic Cement Silver or Grigio (a darker shade), matte finish. https://www.tilebar.com/basic-cement-silver-12x24-matte-porcelain-tile.html

I could use Oxy Royal White on both wall and floor, too. In the picture, the big rectangular one is the Oxy Royal White and two small rectangular ones at the bottom are Basic Cement Silver and Grigio.

Also, The bath has only one window that is covered by an oak tree, so not much natural light. With the wall tile finish being matte, would that make the room DULL?

Q2: Tile around the vanity. My plan is to tile floor-to-ceiling for the shower using Oxy Royal White. The pony wall is 36" which should hide the toilet. The shower is 54"x 36". The wall tile will cover the pony wall. Wainscotting behind the toilet and wrap the tile under the window at 42". Question: Should I carry the wall tile to the side wall of the vanity, or should I only wainscotting at 36" so that the wall tile stop in front of the countertop. And then using the gray diamond shape glass tile in the picture to do the side of the vanity and the backslash at 6"?

Q3: Vanity color: Bright White or Warm Grey? samples are in the picture

Q4: Countertop: I am thinking a solid color quartz, no pattern. Should I do white or gray or introduce a 3rd color?

Q5: Contractor suggested that I should use countertop material for the top of the pony wall and top of the shower threshold. Visually from the door, will that be too busy? 36" pony wall vs. 42" wainscotting, countertop-material pony wall top vs. wall tile behind.

My biggest regret for this project is that I am too cheap/ignorant to engage a designer. I had no idea how many decisions are involved in the bathroom remodel!

Comments (6)