SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
purlina007

Furniture style mashup and annexed dining room puzzle

purlina007
3 years ago

We've annexed our old dining room space into our living room and now have a long living room: 22'6" x13' - It's 13' to the office doors. It's another 4' between the end of the office and the kitchen island. I really don't want anything outside of the 13' footprint if possible. The end of the island is turning into shelving and wine/wine glass storage.

So much of our furniture is inherited, and we really like them but they don't seem to all go together. The pieces I am least interested in keeping are the records cabinet, rug, orange couch and the red coffee table (which my dog has scratched up). I was thinking of sanding down the red coffee table and painting it blue for now.

I struggle with the mid century chairs and everything else. I love the chairs but I like the stacking tables too. Not sure if there is an easy way to tie them together. I am also into doing changes over time and hunting down pieces that are interesting. Flea market finds are my favorite. I'd love to get an old console or a cool records cabinet like this: https://www.departmentchicago.com/product-page/60-record-cabinet. Not opposed to painting the yellow a different color either. But it has to go with my kitchen.

I feel like I am not using this space well and the pieces can't work together. You can see my dog has claimed the old orange 60s recliner and after moving things the 100th time, I have no place for it. And please ignore the hall photos - I'm in the process of taking them down. We've also got all our Halloween decor out.

I don't want to go whole hog mid century but not sure how to avoid it.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County