SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mboston_gw

"Formal Living Room Furniture"

mboston_gw
8 years ago

After having the same formal living room set since 1975, recovered once, we are thinking about replacing it. The problem is I really don't use the formal living room. We don't entertain much, I have bridge at my house a few times a year, that's about it. The rest of the time is just family and I hate to sink alot of money in quality furniture that will not be used. I do have a formal dining room set that has the waterfall design on the buffet, if that helps to describe what will be near it.

Any suggestions as to what might work for the room. We have a large window across the front, nice size foyer and the formal rooms are in the typical L shape of the 1970's. No high ceilings. Floors are large square tiles. I have a burgandy area rug in the room and another in the formal dining room.

If I don't go formal, btw, I'm not even sure what formal is nowadays, what would I go with? I have leather in my family room. None of my house is really formal at all. I'll attach a couple of pics to give you an idea. These are from a couple years ago at Christmas but will give an idea of floor, rug, and window.

Comments (9)