SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cetb_gw

Help pick up Freestanding tub location

cetb
3 years ago

So I’m currently remodeling the master bath, and after a brief delay due to delivery issues with our tub, it’s finally here. We had an initial idea on where we wanted it, but now that it’s here and after seeing a few pics here and other places, we are wandering which location would be best. Our shower is small 54x36” but it’s curbless with only a partial 24” glass partition. The tub is also small 54x 27”. The spout will be placed 27” o.c in relation to the length and of the tub and o.c @ 23” in relation to the window. Wall tile will be 12x24 marble similar to the floor and will wrap around the tub on the corner wall. 44” from the corner (parallel room the shower wall) all at 36” height.
My concern is how close the tub is to the shower. From the glass partition to the tub is almost a 3’ opening which seems fine to me now...kinda concern once we start using it and realize it’s too tight.

Other option I have is to move the tub more towards the corner and away from the shower which gives more space to the shower but seems like a PITA to cut thru joist for the drain. Mind you I’m doing this myself. I have attached a few pics of both options to see if the experts can chime in TIA

Comments (32)